Going abroad.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Neil.88

Hi.
Hopefully a simple arnswer.
I have just got a dui doing my 12 months ban.

Will this affect me going abroad on holiday in any way?

I'm not renting a car anywhere the places I'm likely to go would be like Spain Greece or the carribean etc.

Didn't know if I was affected or would be stopped.

Thanks

Simple answer...... happy holidays! For the destinations you mention there are no problems.

Hi.

Thanks for that..

I'm guessing the USA maybe different?

If so how long is it a problem with certain countries

Canada can be a problem for 10 years after a DUI conviction, if they know about it.
USA is OK, unless you had an accident that caused "serious damage to property or serious harm to another person." In which case you would then need to apply for a visa. This could involve a medical if the conviction was in the past 5 years. Thre is a thread here where this is discussed quite a bit, but start at the end as the early stuff was before the wording changed.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/have-you-been-caught-convicted-drink-driving/1092-41.htm

Thanks for that

No accident no damage just a simple mistake during the euros. Full co operation wasn't drunk just over the limit unfortunately.

I've read through and what u can gather is a simple holiday for a couple of weeks is no problem potentially on my circumstances I could stay in USA for longer.

I'm guessing the fact it was a very straight forward simple dui I should be OK for most places.

Thanks

Neil

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off