19 year old son caught drink driving, blew 90

Convicted Driver Insurance

SD43

Hi sorry to reply on this thread but I've tried to create a new one and can't. Could I ask some advice? My son 19 got caught yesterday blowing 90, taking his friends home from a bbq and hit a parked car.. would you know might happen to him? He has court on Thursday. .

Re: Just checking before I go to see my solicitor

Hi sd, from my limited knowledge he is looking at a ban of between 23 and 28 months if there were no aggravating factors (accident, passengers) so may be more, but may be reduced by mitigating factors, if there are any. In addition he may receive a fine and or community service/curfew etc. There's loads of good advice on here, but nothing can change the fact that it is a mandatory ban of a min. 12 months but with a reading of 90 substantially more.

Have a look at the sentencing guidelines (think it's in a sticky) and as others will.no doubt tell you dress well, and I sincerely hope he is remorseful, and not just abouy getting caught! And show it...take it as a tough lesson and one which shows how precious our freedom provided by a licence is and should never be abused for a moment of lack of judgement...

I'm sure both you and he will be sick with worry. I know I am, and not because of the pure fact of the ban but from shame and utter disappointment in myself.

Hi sorry to reply on this thread but I've tried to create a new one and can't. Could I ask some advice? My son 19 got caught yesterday blowing 90, taking his friends home from a bbq and hit a parked car.. would you know might happen to him? He has court on Thursday. .

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 90 magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a 23-28 month driving disqualification and a low to high level community order.

The majority of first time offenders are usually given the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course, completing the course will award a reduction of up to 25% off the length of any disqualification period.

As your sons alcohol level exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath he will be classed as a high risk offender. This means that he will be required to take and pass a DVLA medical once he re-applies for his driving licence and before it will be re-issued upon expiration of his disqualification.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Let us know how your son gets on at court as it may prove useful to others who find themselves in a similar predicament at some point in the future.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off