Blew 129mg in breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hive77

Hi. I wonder if anyone could possibly help me im at my wits end with worry.

I was caught driving whilst under the influence and blew 129. I know this is bad and im so ashamed and disgusted with myself.

I was out on a saturday when my partner and i parked the car in the train station and went to town for a drink. I had no intention of driving home as we live only 20 mins walk from the station. I only drove there because it was raining. We had around 8-9 pints ans left at last orders. For some complete and utter brainless moment i got into the car when we arrived back at the trainstation. I have no idea what come over me. I just wasnt thinking.

Anyway i blew 129 after driving around 200 meters without my headlights on.

I cant stop thinking im going to go to prison. I will lose everything. My job. Our house as my girlfriend will not be able to afford the billa on her own. Im so scared.

I have a previous drink driving conviction but this 15 years ago and i was caught the next morning.

Also i have a prevoius unrelated conviction for common assault as i was in an abusive relationship 3 1/2 years ago.

Can anyone please help. Thank you.

Your previous conviction should not come into I hope as over 10yrs ago. I blew 128 and rolled my car but no injury to anyone else. I received a 2yr ban reduced to 18 months having done the course, 450 fine and had to attend probation for a year of which most of that was an alcohol awareness course. I did have a solicitor who was surprised I did not get a suspended sentence. I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Do you think im looking at a suspended sentance? I can only use the duty solicitor as cant afford a better one.

I would hope not but no one knows as it depends on who you get on the day. The fact there were no aggravating circumstances is good but not sure if previous conviction for assault will be taken into account. Ask the question to ask a solicitor on here it is free. Sorry I cannot be more help.

Hi,
Just to let you know i was in court today. The last 3 weeks have taken me to hell and back and i would urge anyone to think twice before getting behind the wheel after a drink. It costs you more than you think.

Sentance:

12 week sentance suspended for 18 months

15 evening course for alcohol awarwness

36 month ban reduced to 27 month on taking a course

£200 fine.

Hi.
I'm due in next week in London.

First time in this situation. Did you have to speak much.

I'm. Hoping I can hand in a letter of apology and a couple character refs and hope that's all they require of me bar my saying I'm. Guilty and my name etc.

Cheers

Hi,
Sorry to hear your news. Its an absolute nightmare waiting for the day. I had every situation going on in my head. I feel for you.

I paid for a solicitor who was really good. You explain your situation and they do everything for you. All you plead is guilty. I would highly recommend one if you have a high reading as its a nerve wracking experience if you had to say all the mitigating facts yourself.

What is your reading etc?

Mine was a 64. No accident no passengers late at night
Full cooperation.
Pulled over as a headlight problem.
4 beers during a 5 hour period I then left it over two hours felt as normal as I do now

Bit like the police said you can be two three times the limit and some people feel ok.
I just don't drink ever to be honest. I've been told to hand in a letter of apology and some character refs. I'm not a good talker so hoping me handing that in is enough.

64 isnt that bad really, well its bad in terms of over the limit but not a huge amount like i was. I took a character ref from my girlfriend and a ful apology letter from myself. Im not sure it helped an aweful lot but it cant harm either.

If your not getting a solicitor you will have to talk and give explanation and why you did what you did. Also mitigating facts on what you have done already to make sure it doesnt happen again.

If its your first offence you will be looking at around 12-18 month ban and a fine.

Yeah it's a first drink drive offense. I have some points for a speeding fine but nothing else.
I just want to plead guilty and accept what they hand Me.

I have no excuse. Should have realised it dont take much to cross the limit.

Certainly learned lesson.

Was you in there long

Yeah you will be fine. Just make sure you dont do it again as they come down hard on 2+ in 10 years.

You will be banned for sure, no way of getting out of that but only 12-18 months. Make sure you ask for the drink drive awareness course as it will shave a quarter off your ban.

I went in at 9am and was in court around 12:30 it depends you may get seen first or last. I was petrified as i blew nearly 4 times the limit. Absolutly no excuse and was devasted. Really thought i was going down.

Well I'm sure it's a lesson learnt.

I really hope my apology letter and two good references that they will see I'm not a bad person
I just made a wrong decision
I can hope.

Yes I would be worried if I was 4x over
But your out of there and time for you to move forward.

If I have to talk about the night and how it happened that's OK. I just really hope I can get the months as low as they will allow plus the drink driving course would be brilliant.

I can hope. Don't want to experience this feeling again

Yes definatly a lesson learnt. I wont be getting behind the wheel again with as much as a wine gum in my mouth. The last 3 weeks have been hell. Not sleeping, not eating. Worried about my job etc. The thing is i had no intention of driving and completly got into the car without thinking.

You will be fine. You may get the lowest at 12 months plua the driver course which means only 9 months for you. I have to wait till september 29th 2018. Better get a decent winter coat and head for that train.

You probably wont be asked to say too much as its your 1st but they will make you feel like crap.

Let me know how you get on.

Well I hope time flys for you!

I'd be happy with anything around the 12 month mark.
I will certainly hope so..
I'll let you know once I'm out.

Thanks for the advice

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off