Drink Driving Sentence? Blew 52

Convicted Driver Insurance

Graham-Tony

Brief Description of Offence:
Had been out with a friend had 2 pints of Carlsberg and 2 bottles of budwiser, was an hour after my last drink when i began driving. Haven't been to court yet but was hoping people could help me understand what i may be in for. Thought i would of been okay to drive i wasn't slurring my speech and was very stable on my feet nor did i feel strong affects of alcohol. I am planning on having a solicitor with me at court.

Blood Alcohol Level:
Blew 52

Mitigating Factors:
Never been convicted of anything before. Drove less than 1 Mile. Was co-operative with police and owned up to it. Was not pulled over/caught actually driving the car.

Aggravating Factors:
I have only held my license since October (7 Months) Had a passenger with me.

Brief Description of Offence:
Had been out with a friend had 2 pints of Carlsberg and 2 bottles of budwiser, was an hour after my last drink when i began driving. Haven't been to court yet but was hoping people could help me understand what i may be in for. Thought i would of been okay to drive i wasn't slurring my speech and was very stable on my feet nor did i feel strong affects of alcohol. I am planning on having a solicitor with me at court.

Blood Alcohol Level:
Blew 52

Mitigating Factors:
Never been convicted of anything before. Drove less than 1 Mile. Was co-operative with police and owned up to it. Was not pulled over/caught actually driving the car.

Aggravating Factors:
I have only held my license since October (7 Months) Had a passenger with me.

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 52, magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving disqualification of between 12 and 16 months.

As this is your first offence you are likely to be offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. Completing this course will reduce the period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you. Let us know how you get on at court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off