DR10 and IN10

Convicted Driver Insurance

gstanley

Last month i blew 66mg driving my friends car, turns out I was not insured on it either so i am facing both DR10 and IN10 convictions.
Just wondering if anyone else has had both convictions at the same time and what their outcome was, and how much their insurance increased after ban.

Also, a solicitor has said that it has been known for the lesser charge to be waived/dropped in a sense, leaving the major offence to be dealt with accordingly.
How true/common/likely is this? Having the two worst convictions on my licence is going to leave me almost untouchable to insurance companies, even with 5 years NCB!
If this is the case, (as incredibly lucky as i would be), would this leave just the DR10 on my license and not the IN10 too?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
yes this is a possibility, I admitted the major offence and had the minor one dropped in return for doing so.

Unfortunately when the day came I was charged with both, so will have both endorsements on my license, however I was not fined for the no insurance charge, luckily. Hello sky-high car insurance for the next 5 years! Still, could've been worse eh.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off