caught at hospital suicidal in the car while drunk

Convicted Driver Insurance

Islandman1

Ok so I'm in a hell of a mess.
Drinking heavily since 17 year relationship ended and wife/kids moved out. Had one failed suicide attempt. Tried to get help but wasn't getting anywhere. Kept drinking trying to suppress it all. Got desperate when the thoughts of suicide started again one morning. Phoned lifeline and they said I need to see my gp asap. Drove to the doctors in a mess he told me to go to a and e. Drove to the hospital and had a meltdown on the car and phoned lifeline again who recognised my distress and phone the cops who then landed and smelled the alcohol. Took me to the station and I blew 95 and then they took me back to the hospital and sat with me all night till I was seen by a doc.
On the verge of losing my job and house now as well.
What kind of ban etc am I likely to get and will they take the mental health issues or circumstances into account. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have only just been done myself so i'm afraid I have no advice or information to give regarding your legal status. I just couldn't not answer your thread. I feel so terrible for you. You must, must get the help you need and perhaps this can be the first step you take in your road to recovery. It wont be easy but you can do this.

I would like to think that if there are recordings etc of calls and they are logged then it could prove to be a mitigating factor for you. Do you have people to help and support you?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off