Previous convictions...

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello,

I have court tomorrow. I blew 56mg at the station when i was arrensted. I am expecting a ban and fine. I will ask for a DD rehabilitation course if i dont get offered one.

I have never drink driven before.

I have been arrested for being drunk in the street, having an argument with my boyfriend. I was released with out charge, but am worried this is a previous conviction that could effect tomorrows decision.

Also - 10 years ago i was in the car which my best friend was driving and resisted being arrested. I received a caution for this. would this affect tomorrows decision?

Basically i dont want to go to jail xx

Hello,

I have court tomorrow. I blew 56mg at the station when i was arrensted. I am expecting a ban and fine. I will ask for a DD rehabilitation course if i dont get offered one.

I have never drink driven before.

I have been arrested for being drunk in the street, having an argument with my boyfriend. I was released with out charge, but am worried this is a previous conviction that could effect tomorrows decision.

Also - 10 years ago i was in the car which my best friend was driving and resisted being arrested. I received a caution for this. would this affect tomorrows decision?

Basically i dont want to go to jail xx

The previous convictions you mentioned will not affect the sentence you receive for drink driving. Sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a disqualification of between 12-16 months upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 56mg. You should also be given the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which will reduce the period of disqualification imposed by up to 25% upon completion as this is your first drink driving offence.

You will not receive a custodial sentence. Let us know the outcome as it may help others who find themselves in a similar situation in the future.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off