Need help, second DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

JamalHawke

Hello, I need necessarily help and advice especially as I do. This past January, I was on trial for driving under the influence of alcohol and was given my driving ban plus a fine. It was my first offense. The last time I suffered from depression due to prolonged separation from family and because of my illness and its related insomnia. I often used alcohol and this Saturday I was again caught by police while driving under the influence of alcohol and also in the continuing ban on the procedure. I know it's pretty bad, and not for an apology. I am absolutely devastated mentally and most kills me the fact that they threaten me with jail. Necessarily I need advice on what I do or what would help me to avoid prison. My family depends on me and on my financial aid. Grandmother had a heart attack on Saturday and it is another thing because I drank so much and suffered from depression. Very very seriously and ask you for any advice. Thank you very much and I am writing to you as professionals with long experience .. my alcohol level at this time is 0.64 and i pleaded guilty from first time at police station. There are three charges : DD, Driving whilst banned and driving without insurance (coz i was banned i cant have one) Please thank you for any advice, i just have to avoid prison at any cost . Regards J.

Calm down mate, you won't go to jail. Yes its serious but thankfully you haven't hurt anyone or yourself. Get a good solicitor and prepare well for court. My guess is you will get a hefty ban and a lot of community service, a supervision order etc. All of which is much better than custodial.

Trust me, you aint going to Jail, at the very worst they could hand you a suspended sentance (only to be served if you mess up again!!) but I highly doubt that.

You'll be painting park benches and removing graffeti for the next 50 Saturdays or something similar. Don't panic, let this be a massive lesson because next time you will go down. Don't be complacent though, get a good solicitor and plan your mitigation.

Good luck.

Iam a second time and i was really not expecting this to happen. The best u can do is calm down ,look for a lawyer and spend your time getting ready for courts .
Yes the guidelines are there to help you know the outcome might be, but your solicitor is the one to help with all this.
I was told that if it wasnt for my children ,i would have sent you down, so take this as a serious serious warning miss xxxx , the next time is not going to be easy.
They will at times sent your paperwork ,i think its a probotion officer, they will write to u ,to come for an appointment, take this serious and be on time, and make sure u satisfy that officer as his/her.report will be read in court to see what they think of your behaviour.
So even though they get you at easy, u need to be careful ,how u answer their questions.
I answered everything dating back to 1997 , why did u do this on feb 97 and she sent a really colourful report says the judge so for that no community service, fine was set at 240,memory saves right and 2yr ban then called back as i was leaving to say its 3 yrs ban. It made things difficult, lost jobs, stayed at home and got jobs most of them need me to have a car because of the areas so i would say that iam suffering and 2017 jan my ban ends on the 8th but iam skints, i cant afford a car or anything so insurance will have fun with me, but iam not looking. So its just the begggining, u will not go jail please dont worry, maybe finsout what happened to others at least we can shed some light.
The solicitor kept mentioning that placing kids in homes will mean money of tax payers etc, she needs to look after them herself the jagon from my solicitor at times was tiring.
Anyways i wish u all the best and if u want to as feel free, THIS IS BASED ON MY OWN 2ND D/D EXPERIENCE.
Iam also.not sure about driving whilst on ban so i thought i add this, iam not.sure on driving without insurance,but my experience is based on 2nd D/D with insurance whilst allowed to get back on the road.
Besides you need a good solicitor.

Last edited:
Calm down mate, you won't go to jail. Yes its serious but thankfully you haven't hurt anyone or yourself. Get a good solicitor and prepare well for court. My guess is you will get a hefty ban and a lot of community service, a supervision order etc. All of which is much better than custodial.

Trust me, you aint going to Jail, at the very worst they could hand you a suspended sentance (only to be served if you mess up again!!) but I highly doubt that.

You'll be painting park benches and removing graffeti for the next 50 Saturdays or something similar. Don't panic, let this be a massive lesson because next time you will go down. Don't be complacent though, get a good solicitor and plan your mitigation.

Good luck.

He wont go to jail? He's saying he has just been caught drink driving whilst disqualified from an original drink drive offence which was handed out less than 14 months ago. Its his second drink drive offence in two years, plus a drive whilst disqualified from the first offence.

You need to get a lawyer to speak up on your behalf in court. You should be entitled to a duty solicitor.

The magistrates will be considering a custodial sentence for this.

Stay optimistic, but you need to be realistic and prepare yourself with charges and circumstances like these.

Good luck.

M

Thank you guys. The court is next week and i am still worried. I made some search on the web and i know that they sending to prison only in very small percentage of cases but still i am horrified. I know it is bad coz it is my sedond offence in 5 months but this two is my only offences. My mitigation is that i have some depression and using antidepressant as well. I get message that day about my grandmother, she has a heartattack that day so it wont help me a bit. Another thing is that i am in contact with mental health bureau and visiting anti alcohol meetings as well. Hope this things can help me a bit coz i dont have 1000 quid for a solicitor so i will go with a duty solicitor a hope for the best option like community service.
Anyway if someone have some advice guys or similar experience. Please write me here i just need as many information i can get. I am just in bad mood last few days. Thanks

Thank you guys. The court is next week and i am still worried. I made some search on the web and i know that they sending to prison only in very small percentage of cases but still i am horrified. I know it is bad coz it is my sedond offence in 5 months but this two is my only offences. My mitigation is that i have some depression and using antidepressant as well. I get message that day about my grandmother, she has a heartattack that day so it wont help me a bit. Another thing is that i am in contact with mental health bureau and visiting anti alcohol meetings as well. Hope this things can help me a bit coz i dont have 1000 quid for a solicitor so i will go with a duty solicitor a hope for the best option like community service.
Anyway if someone have some advice guys or similar experience. Please write me here i just need as many information i can get. I am just in bad mood last few days. Thanks

I'm sorry but your research is inaccurate.

Two drink drive convictions, one whilst disqualified from the first in less then four months, will almost certainly result in a custodial sentence.

Maybe the sentence will be suspended, but it is highly unlikely that the magistrates will have any other option.

You need to be realistic and speak to a lawyer before court. If you go to a criminal law firm they can advise via legal aid before the court date. For this you will qualify as it is likely to be custodial.

M

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off