Blew 66 driving friends car uninsured. 21 year old. first offence. likely outcome?

Convicted Driver Insurance

gstanley

As above. This weekend me and my best mate went out on saturday night and I unbelievably stupidly decided to drive his car home. Didn't get very far as the police must have been waiting for the car to move. Anyway, I blew 69 at the roadside, they took me off to the station where i blew 66 and that is the number they will use against me. I was completely co-operative with them and said i would plead guilty in court. Never been in any form of trouble before and have had a clean licence for almost 5 years. I think i am looking at an 18 month ban for the drink driving offence alone (Just hope they offer me the DDRS course).

But because i was also uninsured I am just wondering if that will likely result in a longer ban or automatic points on my licence when i eventually get it back?
Court date is 2 months away.

Any advice most appreciated. I would assume that anyone who has got their licence back will never look at this site again so difficult to know what people in a similar situation received as punishment.

Someone i know received a 20 month ban for blowing 79 and crashing, yet i am positive that he got his licence back after about a year !?!

Note; technically my friend should have had his car seized for being driven uninsured/letting me drive it, but instead the police just moved it to nearest car park and told him to find his own way home. I had to keep the keys with me so he couldn't move it.

thanks

The guidelines for a reading of 66 are a ban of 17-23 months. This is the same for a reading of 79, but the most you can be offered for completing a drink drive rehabilitation course is 25% so your friend must have served 15 months if he completed the course. There is no further "discount " available below a 2 year ban.
I take it you have been charged with no insurance as well? (Sometimes you get lucky and they leave just the drink drive charge as that is an automatic ban unless "special reasons" apply) If you have been charged with no insurance as well, that will attract a separate fine, but you will not get points on your licence as they are not applied where there is a ban imposed for an offence at the same time. If you have not been separately charged with no insurance, the court will be told about all the circumstances, probably including the lack of insurance and yes, that can then be used as an aggravating circumstance to increase the ban, but probably only within the 17-23 month guideline.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off