Help Please

Convicted Driver Insurance

1mistake

I was caught drink driving today. I had 48 in breath test. New to all this so I said no to Blood test. I have court date for later this month.
I am in a sticky situation as I need to drive for my business and also for taking my parents/ children here and there.

I undertand that I will probably get a ban and fine. I want to know if there is anyone out there who has managed to avoid the ban or had it reduced to 3 or 4 months? If yes then what were the reasons your ban was reduced?

Any lawyers who have managed to get thier clients off please let me know.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

I was caught drink driving today. I had 48 in breath test. New to all this so I said no to Blood test. I have court date for later this month.
I am in a sticky situation as I need to drive for my business and also for taking my parents/ children here and there.

I undertand that I will probably get a ban and fine. I want to know if there is anyone out there who has managed to avoid the ban or had it reduced to 3 or 4 months? If yes then what were the reasons your ban was reduced?

Any lawyers who have managed to get thier clients off please let me know.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Hi, I blew 43 lowest reading and elected to give blood which came back at 82 mg compared to 80 legal limit (so just over) this resulted in an obligatory 12 month ban (which will be reduced to 9 months on completing a 3 day drink drive rehabilitation course) Also got £300 fine (based on your income & outgoings) - the only defences for drink driving to my knowledge are - escaping violence, 'hip flask' defence (if you subsequently drank alcohol following your accident/or after driving and before being breathylsed or having your drinks spiked without your knowledge - hope this helps:(

Unfortunately yeah - its a temporary set back and inconvenience and may lead to loss of job (I'm currently suspended and in process of applying for new jobs) - but I'm grateful I haven't injured or worse killed anyone in the process. I hope to gain a lot from the drink drive rehabilitation course and hopefully change my thinking process and behaviour. Its unfortunate though that not only are we punished by the courts and face the stigma of drink driving - also punished by our employers. I hope to gain new employment however fear after 20 years of working, I'll become another statistic living off benefits (I used to be a benefit advisor as well as a mortgage advisor (as well as a police officer!!!) if you would like any other help or advise:)

Sounds like we may both be in the same boat. Good luck with the job. I guess the price you pay for unsociable behaviour. I have decided not to drink except on special occassions only and only 1 glass. I hope I can manage it. I have got the bike out and hope it will get me fit and take me locally to the where I want to go.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off