I've been stupid, I presume I know what will happen but....advice if possible pls

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stu*

I've been a stupid girl and am mortified for what I did. I presume I know what will happen but....help/advice if possible pls.

Clean licence 20+ years, never an incident or accident. Daft drinking two glasses of wine on empty stomach before driving 60+ miles, breath test roadside 104 then station 98. Pleaded guilty every step of the process so far and will do at Court.

Based on other cases I've read about, a lot of them here, I'm fully expecting two year ban plus fine and/or community order. Will ask for the dd rehab course reduction of 25%. Will look at mitigation for family circumstances/work but still accept my stupid error of judgement.

Hoping to receive face-to-face legal advice soon but still away from home at a friend's place.

Any advice offered will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance - this website has been invaluable so far.

I've been a stupid girl and am mortified for what I did. I presume I know what will happen but....help/advice if possible pls.

Clean licence 20+ years, never an incident or accident. Daft drinking two glasses of wine on empty stomach before driving 60+ miles, breath test roadside 104 then station 98. Pleaded guilty every step of the process so far and will do at Court.

Based on other cases I've read about, a lot of them here, I'm fully expecting two year ban plus fine and/or community order. Will ask for the dd rehab course reduction of 25%. Will look at mitigation for family circumstances/work but still accept my stupid error of judgement.

Hoping to receive face-to-face legal advice soon but still away from home at a friend's place.

You are correct that upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 98, magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a 23-28 month driving disqualification and a low to high level community order. As this is your first conviction you will likely be offered the drink driving rehabilitation course, completing this course will reduce your period of disqualification by up to 25%.

As the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, you will be classed as a high risk offender. This means you will need to take and pass a DVLA medical before your driving licence will be issued to you upon expiration of your disqualification.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you. Let us know how you get on at court.

I know that feeling. I would get legal advise ASAP, you may pay for a consultation fee but the solicitor will advise you whether you need representation or not.

Hey,

horrible experience, I know!
I was caught back in 2014 and had a reading of 97/98 - can't remember exactly but fairly similar to yourself. This is what I was given:
24 month ban - offered rehab course which took it down to 18 months
80 hours community service
paid £140 in court fees

I chose to not have a solicitor and I pleaded guilty. If you have pleased guilty - I would go for a duty solicitor on the day as this will be free of charge (if you don't want the fee). I had this on my first time at court but I was adjourned and when it came to going for sentencing, I represented myself because I knew roughly what I was getting, I'd pleaded and I was just waiting on the full punishment. Again, this is up to you. Seek advice from a solicitor before hand - this doesn't mean you have to use them but they give useful information if you tell them the complete truth behind your case - the more facts, the more they can narrow down what you may get.

It was tough at the beginning but I promise it gets better and it does actually go quite quickly.
I'm in the process now of applying for my licence back, I have to take a medical due to falling in the high risk offender category.

There is a kind of guideline table online to what you could expect - I believe it has changed slightly since I have been to court but not by a lot.

Wish you all the bets and I hope my experience helps. Don't let it get you down, we all make mistakes.

Lou

I'm very grateful to you for sharing your experiences....

I'll update after Court...

Not judging as just finished a 3 year ban

Its crap ,and leads to feeling really low ..People will no what they have went threw after there moment of madness ..But my question is why do yous amit anything to the police ? As lawyers are commenting here im sure there advice always would be NO COMMENT ..There is a tiny tiny tiny chance the police can make a mistake and get things thrown out ..So always just confirm your name ,address And nowt more ..Think of it your only admitting to the police to what ule admit to the courts anyway ..The police love people who "confess" they pestered me the whole weekend when i was done for drink driving .

They wanted me to confess , i said nothing got my lawyer she simply said step close to the cell door /.listen if the police are there if not go to the back of the cell and dont say to much ..And there advice is always NO COMMENT .Good luck hopefully not to a harsh sentence

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off