Can a dr10 endorsment be removed before 10 yrs ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

jon123

Hi all,

I am really hope someone can advise/help on this..

10 years ago I had a near death experience after my bowel perforated, the end result was I had a colostomy bag fitted. During a night out with friends, I had an adverse reaction to the alcohol and my bag burst, covering me from chest to toe in excrement, for which I was ejected from the club we'd been in. Try as I might, no bus, taxi nor member of the public would come near me. The incident left me with no option but to drive the 10 miles home. I was stopped by the police and blew positive and was arrested (to be fair, the police were fantastic, allowing me to shower at the cells and giving me a change of clothes). I blew 82 and was charged with drink driving. I never disputed the charge as I had been drinking but asked for a bit of mercy given the situation. It was my 2nd DR10 in ten years and received a 30 month ban and reduced to 23 months after completing the drink driving course.
Thankfully my colostomy was reversed 12 months later, unfortunately during the reversal, one of my disc was damaged and I now have permanent sciatica and take a lot of pain killers and medication, so ironically can no longer drink. I am too well for benefits but too restricted to work in most employments however I can drive, I am in a great deal of debt so have been trying to gain employment in this field, unfortunately because of the DR10 I am having great difficulty finding employment.
Is there anything I can do to get the DR10 removed early as I am either banging my head on walls or getting doors slammed in my face.
Help !!

Last edited:
A DR10 on your driving licence is valid for 10 years, but remains on your licence for 11 years. There is nothing you can do or say to get that altered.
once 5 years has elapsed from your conviction it becomes spent for employment purposes so does not have to be declared on a job application form, unless it is something that involves a DBS check.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off