Think you can beat the system? Think again.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sanctuary.

Should you so wish, you can review my story here.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/a...rink-driving-cases-england-wales-uk/72195.htm

To summarise, back in May of last year I went on a bit of a pub crawl while my electric car was charging (from around 6 p.m to midnight)
When I got back to my car I sat in it for a while before driving off. I clipped a kerb and got a puncture and was subsequently stopped by the police.
Trying to be clever, I refused a breath test thinking that I could later claim I was seeking a place of safety as it was early morning and I was stuck.

Later realising this story was unlikely to hold water I concocted a series of somewhat far fetched reasons for my actions including a claim that I had a leaking
solvent container in my car which would have made me appear intoxicated and a claim that I was affected by seasonal tiredness.

I then pulled together as much 'evidence' as I could to support my claims thinking that the more I complicated the issue the more chance I had of causing confusion.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

When I finally did get to court at the end of last year I firmly believed that my internet research on the law and my mass of evidence would see me acquitted.

Amazingly, the judge was not interested in any of my documentation and focussed totally on the offence of failing to supply a sample of breath!

I received a two and a half year ban and a hefty fine as well as community service.

The moral of the story is if you think you can outwit the police and the legal system with a bit of internet research think again.

On top of this I am pretty sure I was only just over the limit so would have probably got a 12 month ban and if offered the course it would have been down to 9 months so in theory
I could be back on the road now.

Instead I am banned until the summer of 2018 and will be classed as an HRO when I do come to try and get my licence back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off