Over the limit by 18!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Andrew

Hi i was stoped by the police and was asked to take the breath test and failed at the road side so i was then arrested and took back to the police station and put on the other breath tester machine. My reading came back as 53 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath iam now on bail and awaiting my court date which is the 16th of september is it worth seeking a solicitor and what will the out come be with a reading of 53?

Hi i was stoped by the police and was asked to take the breath test and failed at the road side so i was then arrested and took back to the police station and put on the other breath tester machine. My reading came back as 53 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath iam now on bail and awaiting my court date which is the 16th of september is it worth seeking a solicitor and what will the out come be with a reading of 53?

Hi Andrew,

For a breath reading of 53, sentencing guidelines suggest a ban of between 12 and 16 months and a fine. You should also get a chance to do the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce your ban by up to 25%.

Let us know how you get on.

I have a clean license and a job opportunity down darlington which i need my car to get to would that not be special reasons not to ban me? Iam also getting a letter from the employee about the job opportunity to give to the judge or would that not matter with a reading of 53 is that reading bad?? thanks.

I have a clean license and a job opportunity down darlington which i need my car to get to would that not be special reasons not to ban me? Iam also getting a letter from the employee about the job opportunity to give to the judge or would that not matter with a reading of 53 is that reading bad?? thanks.

The reading is at the lower lower end of the scale. The fact that you would need your car to get to work would not be classed as a special reason not to disqualify.

Lots of people lose their jobs and livelihoods due to a drink driving conviction and subsequent driving ban. If you are convicted, the best you can hope for is a 12 month driving ban, reduced to 9 months on completion of the drink driving rehabilitation course.

Well been to see my solicitor before and he said that me losing the job is still not going to stop them disqualifying me from driving. Iam still taking the letter from the employee anyway to show the judge but i will just have to face a 9 - 12 month ban not much i can do. :(

i got banded for 12 month with the opportunity to sit the DDR course which will put it down to 9 month and fined 185 pounds so its not that bad. :)

I have build a hardtail dirt jumper mountain bike which is much easier to get around than standing for buses or taxi's so getting banded for 9 months is nothing really as long as you get a new hobby :). 9 months will fly over then when i get my car back i can go to better places on my bike.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off