Another Medical Question!

Convicted Driver Insurance

dave2000

Hi,
I was convicted of drink driving with a breath reading of 97 in June 2013. I am looking to start driving again but have a few questions about the medical that I would like a bit of help with.
I have had drinking problems in the past and gone to the doctors a few times but not since June 2013. At the time of the conviction I was in the process of giving up a very stressful job and since then I have not drunk as much as I used to (up until around 2012 I used to drink every day, about 8 cans of Fosters). Over the last few years I was just drinking at weekends. This was still a bit too much, about 6-7 pints of Strongbow, but I have not drunk since 1st November last year. When I is about to be sentenced, I thought it would be a good idea to go to the Drs and get evidence to show that I was getting help with drinking but I didn't do anything as my drinking was going down.
My questions are:
Should I wait until June this year so that I can tick that I have not been to the Drs with a problem in the last 3 years? I know that they like you to have 6 months off if you have abused alcohol in the past or is it worth applying now?
Considering my past, how likely is it that I would be given a 1 or 3 year licence?
Thanks for any help or advice you can give!

Hi

I was a very heavy daily drinker. I abstained for just over 12 weeks due this and my drinking history on my notes early 2014. I ended up with a one year medical license which I expected. It depends on your blood results with history I believe. I never found out my CDT score but presume it was ok as would have been refused. The 6 months is if your blood results are high with history. Will you be abstaining?

I've decided to suck it up and just stay off the booze until June. It will be 7 months by then that I would have had a drink and I think I can survive an extra month. Barely! Thanks for the help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off