Ban end date?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jackg100

Hi there,

I attended mags on 14th of January and was banned for 16 months reduced by 4 months with the course (they said this would be 17 weeks). I have had the paperwork through and it says the ban will be reduced by 16 weeks if I do the course. It doesn't state a ban end date.

If I assume the 16 month ban would end on may 14th and work backwards my ban end date would be January 22nd. Is that right or will I get a date at some point?

Also is there any point in questioning the 16 weeks, when they stated 17 weeks in court?

Can you clarify who it is that has said you get a 16 week reduction? Is it from the court, DVLA or the course provider\/
You say that you were offered a 17 week reduction in court, This is OK, the max is a 25% reduction. You have to work out where this was altered to 16 weeks. If it is the course provider, politely ring them and ask them to check their referral from the court, it could have been copied wrongly on to the providers computer when your record was created. If they maintain the referral from the court indicated 16 weeks then you will have to ask the court to check their records against any notes that were made in court.
At the end of the day, the official record of what you were sentenced to and the reduction you were offered IS what the Court Record says, not what anyone or any other agency THINKS.
On the basis of 16 weeks reduction, your maths is correct, 22nd January. You can apply 2 months early to start the process, and when you get your licence it will have the actual date that you can drive from printed on it.
If you do the DDRS course, this will all be explained during it.

Thanks for the reply.

It is the paperwork from the court that states 16 weeks. In court the clerk asked if I wanted to do the course and said it would reduce the ban by 17 weeks. Magistrates wording was 16 months reduced to 12 months. I guess I need to call and find out...

It's only a week difference, but every little helps...

Contact the court and point out the differences to them. If the magistrates told you 4 months, then that is what it should be - and 16 weeks is less than that.
I have seen it more frequently in the past few months where the court notification says the reduction in weeks rather than months. It may well be better to be in weeks for odd numbers of months, but where it is a disqualification easily divided by 4 I would have thought it better to quote months.
The counter argument to that is some months have 28 days, some have 30 or 31..... so even that system has flaws!
Let us know how you get on.

So far haven't been able to get through...keeps ringing and then says 'try again later' and hangs up...

Will try emailing...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off