Drink driving medical and gallstones medication

Convicted Driver Insurance

micc

Hi folks think ive been a member on here before but forgot my log in .

Ive just come to the end of a drink driving ban and thinking about re-applying
I have gallstones and am wondering if this could hinder the cbt test ?

this is whats put me of with all the mixed reviews round this ,any help would be great .I do not drink any more but am on medications
however my doctor will confirm no drink involved .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks think ive been a member on here before but forgot my log in .

Ive just come to the end of a drink driving ban and thinking about re-applying
I have gallstones and am wondering if this could hinder the cbt test ?

this is whats put me of with all the mixed reviews round this ,any help would be great .I do not drink any more but am on medications
however my doctor will confirm no drink involved .

The CDT test is alcohol specific and is unaffected by common medications and most medical conditions with the exception of some conditions such as liver disease and biliary cirrhosis. Explain to the doctor who carries out your medical what medical condition you have and the medication you are using and the DVLA medical team will take this into account if any abnormalities are detected with your CDT levels.

A driving licence will be refused if any unexplained blood test analysis abnormalities are detected.

Hi thanks for the reply .

Sorry it took so long to reply .Its frying my head about this .As i dont like lying but i am on medication like i say , and after losing my license did suffer allot of depression and im thinking all this will be on my gp reports .

I do not want to open a can of worms so was going to say i was on no meds ,as i do not take them allot .However if the gallstones give me a false reading they will contact my doctor im thinking ,but lets say it comes back that i have failed the cdt how can they prove ive not been drinking ? i am being serious when i say ive not been drinking ,I no having gallstones gave the Lft false readings .

And after having a mri scan there is come back that yes i have gallstones but im not getting them taken out and have to go back in 6 months ..Another big problem is doctors etc do not seem to no about cdt tests :/

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off