Is this normal?

Convicted Driver Insurance

HanSolo

Hello people, 1st post here

I was convicted of Drink-Driving back in April and given a 2-year ban.

Definitely the biggest mistake i've ever made in my life, as it completely changed my life and as a result basically lost everything. :(

I dont expect sympathy as I only have myself to blame but psychologically I was in a whirl at the time and having never commited any offence whatsoever before that (I'm 23) I feel it slightly harsh that I am now a convicted criminal therefore all I can see for the future is difficulty making a decent life for myself...it seems for any semi-decent job I'm required to do a CRB check and immediately it pops up and I'm out of what is already a highly-saturated and competitive jobs market.

Is it right for a lad of my age to feel so down about his life and future even though it was 6 months ago now?

Hello people, 1st post here

I was convicted of Drink-Driving back in April and given a 2-year ban.

Definitely the biggest mistake i've ever made in my life, as it completely changed my life and as a result basically lost everything. :(

I dont expect sympathy as I only have myself to blame but psychologically I was in a whirl at the time and having never commited any offence whatsoever before that (I'm 23) I feel it slightly harsh that I am now a convicted criminal therefore all I can see for the future is difficulty making a decent life for myself...it seems for any semi-decent job I'm required to do a CRB check and immediately it pops up and I'm out of what is already a highly-saturated and competitive jobs market.

Is it right for a lad of my age to feel so down about his life and future even though it was 6 months ago now?

Drink driving is a criminal offence, the consequences of which can sometimes be fatal. Unfortunately you committed the offence and subsequently have to live with the consequences.

Look on the positive side, you didnt kill/seriously injure yourself or anyone else. If you only got a fine as well as your ban then the offence will be classed as 'spent' under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 after a period of five years and you will be allowed to drive again after your ban ends.

While your conviction may hinder your ability to secure employment, it does not make it impossible.

Good luck in your search for a decent job, im sure in several years, your conviction for drink driving will be nothing more than a distant bad memory.

Hi

Sorry ur feeling so down. I was convicted nearly a year ago now and would say its only the last couple of months I have started to feel 'brighter'. probably as im well into my ban now and getting my license back seems like a more realistic prospect! Losing my license has affected evry single part of my life, bar none! and it was hard to try to be positive but u will get there. Looking back, it was probably the most depressing period of my life and I'm so glad I'm through it. My life is still 'on hold' till I get it back but I can start looking forward.

Did u lose ur job also? I did and also didnt get in 2 uni because of my conviction. I have had to accept that this will not happen for a few yrs now and same with jobs. Once I accepted this and a lot of other things and stopped trying to lead a life that I couldnt for the time being anyway, I have felt better, started to focus on what I do have instead of what I don't. Don't have much anyway, but it makes u really appreciate the little simple things in life, like reading a book ata prety beach on a sunny day, when normally I would be working!

Hope u get through this.

Hi my fella got banned for 3 years an is due to get his licence back very soon. We dont know what to expect during the medical he has to attend, other thab blood tests what happens??
Also he only drink 4 pints on a fri night, is this going to be a negative on his medical??

Please help, we dont know who to ask!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off