What happens from here

Convicted Driver Insurance

cb1234

Hi,

I have just been banned yesterday for DD biggest mistake of my life, I have a few questions on what happens from here if anyone has the time to answer them please.

I was banned for 28 months (21 month after course)

1.) I read if you blow over a certain amount your classed as a high risk offender, in court I was read out as a low risk offender very unlikely to re-offend as I have no previous will I have to do the DVLA medical when I re-apply for my license or do you find out more about that when it come closer to your unbanned date?

2.) I haven't yet cancelled my insurance next month will be my last month as I get 3years NCB in January as I still have my car should I keep it insured and get my 3years NCB or just cancel it?

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I have just been banned yesterday for DD biggest mistake of my life, I have a few questions on what happens from here if anyone has the time to answer them please.

I was banned for 28 months (21 month after course)

1.) I read if you blow over a certain amount your classed as a high risk offender, in court I was read out as a low risk offender very unlikely to re-offend as I have no previous will I have to do the DVLA medical when I re-apply for my license or do you find out more about that when it come closer to your unbanned date?

The courts do not automatically inform you that you are required to take a medical. High risk offenders for DVLA medical purposes are drink drivers who have been convicted of driving a vehicle with alcohol in their system that was equal too or exceeded:

• 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
  • 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
  • 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine;

If the alcohol in your system equalled too or exceeded any of the above then you will be required to take and pass a DVLA medical before you driving licence will be re-instated. What was your reading at the time of the offence?

2.) I haven't yet cancelled my insurance next month will be my last month as I get 3years NCB in January as I still have my car should I keep it insured and get my 3years NCB or just cancel it?

Thank you for your time.

I would call your insurer, explain the situation to them and cancel the policy.

Agreed,
A 28 month ban would indicate either a failure to supply, or a reading in the bracket of 90-119 in breath, both of which makes you a High Risk Offender.
The "low risk of reoffending" would have been an assessment from the pre sentence report, but this has nothing to do with you being within the category of HRO for medical purposes.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off