Such a mess....

Convicted Driver Insurance

PanicStricken

I'm worried that I may get a custodial sentence, just as I'm sorting everything out.

I crashed my 125cc scooter (I only have a provisional and cbt) on a country road, luckily only severely injuring myself. At the hospital, I gave a urine sample as the police doctor couldn't find a suitable vein. I was 157mg. To make matters worse, I have previous convictions of breach of the peace, and the police scotland act 1967, both alcohol related. I was in court in june and fined £500 for these, which I'm struggling to pay as I lost my job some months ago.

I got the paperwork through the other day, my case will be heard in court in september. I decided to plead guilty, and also filled in the explanation part explaining that I believed myself to have an alcohol problem since the beginning of this year due to various factors.

How bad does this look for me?

I'm worried that I may get a custodial sentence, just as I'm sorting everything out.

I crashed my 125cc scooter (I only have a provisional and cbt) on a country road, luckily only severely injuring myself. At the hospital, I gave a urine sample as the police doctor couldn't find a suitable vein. I was 157mg. To make matters worse, I have previous convictions of breach of the peace, and the police scotland act 1967, both alcohol related. I was in court in june and fined £500 for these, which I'm struggling to pay as I lost my job some months ago.

I got the paperwork through the other day, my case will be heard in court in september. I decided to plead guilty, and also filled in the explanation part explaining that I believed myself to have an alcohol problem since the beginning of this year due to various factors.

How bad does this look for me?

While you have previous alcohol related convictions, your reading is at the lower end of the scale. Although a prison sentence is possible, I think it is unlikely. You may receive a community penalty order as well as a driving ban.

It's good to hear someone say what I was hoping. Reading up, I could easily get prison time, but hopefully not. I will report back here when I find out more, for the benefit of others.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off