Drink drive with health issues

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bertie1

Need help.Badly. Just been arrested for D&D. Breath was about 120. Placed in hospital for a week suffering PTSD, clinical depression and just found out i suffer with Borderline personality disorder.Will plead guilty as there is no defence for my actions only mitigating circumstances, can't really remember that much only highly stressed, alone and been affected for three weeks, saw psychiatrist and docs at the cell, Sent me to hospital under mental health. Any advice would really help. As have an interview in October and then court. Terrified!

Need help.Badly. Just been arrested for D&D. Breath was about 120. Placed in hospital for a week suffering PTSD, clinical depression and just found out i suffer with Borderline personality disorder.Will plead guilty as there is no defence for my actions only mitigating circumstances, can't really remember that much only highly stressed, alone and been affected for three weeks, saw psychiatrist and docs at the cell, Sent me to hospital under mental health. Any advice would really help. As have an interview in October and then court. Terrified!

If it is your first drink driving conviction within 10 years, magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a 29-36 months driving disqualification and a high level community order or up to 26 weeks in custody for a breath alcohol reading of 120 and above.

The majority of first time offenders usually benefit from the opportunity to take a drink driving rehabilitation course, upon completion of the course, you will be awarded up to a 25% reduction in the length of the period of disqualification imposed.

As the amount of alcohol in your system at the time of the offence exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath you will be classed as a high risk offender. This means that you will be required to take and pass a DVLA medical upon expiration of your disqualification and before your driving licence will be re-issued to you.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may be useful to you. I would advise you seek advice and possible representation from a solicitor. You may even be entitled to legal aid depending on your financial circumstances if you did indeed provide a breath reading of 120+.

Let us know how you get on as it may help others who find themselves in a similar situation to yourself at some point in the future.

Do you know what the interview is for in October? Were you stopped driving the vehicle, did you have a Road Traffic Collision?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off