Blew 79 - Court Date Soon - Any Advice?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Daph11

Afternoon,

I was caught drink driving on the 12th September this month. My breath test was 79 and was my lowest reading. I have never been arrested for drink driving before. I did crash my car up the curb and hit a wall but no damage was done to the wall or to anything else (apart from my car) I generally thought I was okay to drive but with no street lighting and living down country lanes & alcohol consumption my judgment was poor and I clearly wasn't okay to drive. The worst part of my incident was the embarrassment of telling my friends/family & work. I decided not to get a solicitor due to having already owned up to my mistakes at the police station and knowing I will get a fine I should probably save my money for a new car and court fines. I have made a letter of apology for court and have a few character references, one if which is from my manager at work. I have 2 jobs and study Business at college, One of my jobs I will have to give up due to it being at different locations where buses aren't possible. I can't stop sobbing and wondering why I have made such a mistake! Its a costly mistake and will defiantly never be doing anything like that again. All I can do know is put word about to as many people as possible of how stupid and careless it is. Even if you do feel fine. You most probably aren't. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

It doesn't say anything about crashing my car on my arrest form, will this be brought up in court later? And I only passed my test in May 2015, could this also go against me?

I'm worried they will put me at the higher ban time of the 17-22 months due to not having a solicitor. Has anyone else done it alone?

The fact that you crashed your car will be mentioned in the circumstances read out to the court, but you are not likely to face charges of driving without due care and attention on top of the drink driving because the court sentencing powers can allow for what is seen as an aggravating circumstance, without an additional charge. You will be sentence in the 17-22 month bracket, not because of no solicitor, but because that is the sentencing bracket for a reading of between 60-89. You will also get a fine, based on your income and assorted costs awarded against you that will amount to about £250 in their own right.
you can get a reduction of up to 25% in your ban if you are offered the chance to attend a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. GIf you are not offered the course by the magistrates, ask for a course before you leave the court as you cannot be offered this course after your appearance. Accepting the course does not mean you have to do it, but not being offered the course, or saying no to the offer shuts the door on the course permanently.

Thank You for the quick reply.

I wasn't sure if they may leave the crash out as I didn't cause any damage.

Do you think it will affect me that I only passed my test in May?

I'm a 22 year old female professional, Could it help that I've always been in work etc.

If you get 6 points or more in the first 2 years of passing your test, then DVLA revoke your licence and you have to retake both your theory and practical test again. BUT, drink driving carries no points, just a straight ban so that does not apply. You will be treated the same as any other drink driver.

Hi I have just been done for second time and blew 100 after moving car and neighbour ringing police. I am currently on the sick as am suffering from depression and anxiety and am getting counciling for the pass year will they take that into consideration when I go to court and is it best to take solicitor as I would do anything to reduce my ban time

Bryan,
when was your first ban? Was it in the past 10 years?
you say you were only moving your car..... Where to, how far was it and did the police stop you while you were driving or had you completed your move of the car?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off