What am I looking to get?

Convicted Driver Insurance

OopsyDaisy

Hi, I've done what most on here have done except I've also hit a pedestrian (grazed knee), threatened to shoot her and then drove off clipping another car on the way. (All according to her statement which is an hour earlier than is posible).

Earlier in the night three cars (mine included) parked outside a bar were covered in blood (I assume from someone fighting), this is probably the reason I decided to move my car at the end of the night.

I don't remember anything after about three pints if I carry on drinking (which is most times I have 3 pints) so can't really remember any of the night.

I was found (maybe an hour after I left the bar I was in) 8 miles north (when I live 17 miles West) in a petrol station, asleep. I've not got a clue how I got there, but I do remember swerving slighty in the road before pulling into the garage as I felt dangerous at that point.

My car has a tiny scratch (and I mean tiny) at the bottom left of the front bumper but no dents. The police were very concerned about all the blood.

I'm getting charged for blowing 78, failing to report and failing to stop.

I refused a duty solicitor and incriminated myself in the interview telling the officer the bits I could remember which was driving to the garage I was found and not drinking in my car (which might not even be true!)

I've since got a fancy legal firm looking at my case but I can't see them saying to do anything other than plead guilty once they hear my interview.

My 3 month old sports car is gone for 17-22 months at least I'm guessing :(

I gave my driving license when I got to the station as it has correct details on but they've got the date of birth wrong on everything, although I don't think that's a technicality any more.

I am also on medication that I haven't mentioned to either the police or my solicitors at this point as nobody has asked me I'm aware of, is it worth mentioning? (Probably why I felt so drunk).

What other punishment do you reckon I'll get for my ridiculous antics?

Hi, I've done what most on here have done except I've also hit a pedestrian (grazed knee), threatened to shoot her and then drove off clipping another car on the way. (All according to her statement which is an hour earlier than is posible).

Earlier in the night three cars (mine included) parked outside a bar were covered in blood (I assume from someone fighting), this is probably the reason I decided to move my car at the end of the night.

I don't remember anything after about three pints if I carry on drinking (which is most times I have 3 pints) so can't really remember any of the night.

I was found (maybe an hour after I left the bar I was in) 8 miles north (when I live 17 miles West) in a petrol station, asleep. I've not got a clue how I got there, but I do remember swerving slighty in the road before pulling into the garage as I felt dangerous at that point.

My car has a tiny scratch (and I mean tiny) at the bottom left of the front bumper but no dents. The police were very concerned about all the blood.

I'm getting charged for blowing 78, failing to report and failing to stop.

I refused a duty solicitor and incriminated myself in the interview telling the officer the bits I could remember which was driving to the garage I was found and not drinking in my car (which might not even be true!)

I've since got a fancy legal firm looking at my case but I can't see them saying to do anything other than plead guilty once they hear my interview.

My 3 month old sports car is gone for 17-22 months at least I'm guessing :(

I gave my driving license when I got to the station as it has correct details on but they've got the date of birth wrong on everything, although I don't think that's a technicality any more.

I am also on medication that I haven't mentioned to either the police or my solicitors at this point as nobody has asked me I'm aware of, is it worth mentioning? (Probably why I felt so drunk).

What other punishment do you reckon I'll get for my ridiculous antics?

I would add that I do not own, know anyone or even ever seen a gun before but I can't edit that post any more. Mods?

I had never been in trouble with the police before and my 7 year license is clean (until I go to court).

You are right that the guideline ban for your reading is 17-22 months. From the circumstances you describe, and the extra charges, you will be lucky to get the top end of that, or the magistrates could decide to sentence in the next bracket of 23-28 months. You could also end up with a community order rather than just a fine..
it will not help your case to mention medication, and the date of birth is a non issue, CPS will simply amend the charge at court.
You can reduce whatever ban you get if you are offered (get your solicitor to ask in case) a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Completing this will reduce the length of your ban by up to 25%.

Last edited:
Hmmmm I had my case a few months ago and I injured people but had my blood reading took at just over 1 1/2 times.

I got 23 month ban and £1000 fine - the duty said I'm very lucky not to go to prison. They were going to slap on my charges like careless driving and ABH, but he convinced them to stick to DD

My advice don't get a fancy solicitor. Find a law firm around where your court case is because they'll know the judges on the day - makes a big difference.

I would get a doctors note with your condition and have character references in hand - again makes a big difference.

Hope this helps.

Hmmmm I had my case a few months ago and I injured people but had my blood reading took at just over 1 1/2 times.

I got 23 month ban and £1000 fine - the duty said I'm very lucky not to go to prison. They were going to slap on my charges like careless driving and ABH, but he convinced them to stick to DD

My advice don't get a fancy solicitor. Find a law firm around where your court case is because they'll know the judges on the day - makes a big difference.

I would get a doctors note with your condition and have character references in hand - again makes a big difference.

Hope this helps.

Hi dvb723,

Did you leave the scene and how badly injured were the people you hit?

I apparently hit a girl whilst leaving a car parking space next to the pavement, I've not even got a clue how it was possible and certainly didn't know I'd hit anyone. I maybe moved the car back a couple of feet (pretty sure there was nothing in front of me so not sure why I'd do that), maybe she was leaning on my car or she possibly walked in front on the passenger side from the pavement after I checked and pulled off, it was gone 04:00 and I assume she was hammered as well especially as her statement said it was 03:00. Either way her statement to the police said a grazed knee and she has now claimed on my insurance with only minor bruising.

I feel like she's taking me for a ride for a claim, her friends surrounded the car and I threatened them as I didn't know what had happened and I drove off. It's so minor it's a joke for how it is going to impact my sentence which I rightly deserve for being an idiot and moving it in the first place.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off