Removal of disqualification success rates

Convicted Driver Insurance

Wickwick

Hello All,

Im trying to gauge the success rate for those who have been through the process of applying to the courts for the Early Removal Of Disqualification.
If anyone is reading this has been through this process, or are going through it, please could you post your experiences here.

Please see this link for the legistation that allows individuals to make an application: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/53/section/42

Hopefully this thread can gain enough experiences to create a "Sticky" to provide a source of information for this procedure as there are many conflicting articles on the internet regarding this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is strange because I applied for my licence back after 6 months through a 12 month ban and was refused.
I was banned for failing a random breath test by around 25% over the limit.
I haven't had a crash in over 41 years of driving.
Something wrong with the law.

You will have been refused automatically as you are only entitled to apply for early removal of disqualification after you have served at least two years of any period of disqualification that was imposed that was for four years or less.

You are only eligible to apply for early removal of disqualification:

• After a period of two years disqualification if the period of disqualification imposed was for four years or less; or
  • After serving half the period of disqualification imposed if the period of disqualification imposed was between four and ten years; or
  • After a period of five years disqualification if the period of disqualification imposed was for ten years or more.

Anyone who is disqualified for a period of two years or less cannot apply for the early removal of disqualification.

You can find more information here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off