2nd time drink drive charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

Devestated4

Please help - I am terrified that I will go to prison and/or have an extortionate fine. I was charged with drink driving 3 years ago, had a 14 month ban and £450.00 fine. Attended a drink awareness course and have been back driving for 2 years. Last weekend my partner (now EX) and I were away - he is a heavy drinker and we have a history of domestic abuse. We had both had a drink and neither of us was planning to drive. I hadn't drunk that much but fell asleep. I was woken up by my partner who was accusing me of hitting him in the face. I swear this was not true, but an argument broke out and he was violent towards me. I had to get away and stupidly in panic I got in my car and drove off. He phoned the police and reported me. I was stopped, arrested and charged. My reading at the police station was 40 !!! - which is the lowest they prosecute on. I am now petrified that because it is my 2nd time in 10 years, I will get a prison sentence and a huge fine I will not be able to pay. Meanwhile my EX has no idea what he has done and I have not and never will speak to him again. Can anyone advise me about what I might expect as punishment. I am just totally devastated and can't eat or sleep. I am due in court next week.

You will NOT go to prison, but you will face a 3 year ban and a fine which will amount to 150% of your weekly disposable income. There will also be costs to pay.
with your second conviction being quite close to your first ban, the court may well not offer you a Drink Drive Rehabilitation course, which would mean that you will have to serve the full 3 year ban. You could try asking to be allowed to do it again, but have an explanation as to why the information you were given on the course did not sink in the first time.......

Hi could you help I am a joiner but currently on the sick for anxiety and depression I have already been banned before for dr10 I blew 70
this time I blew 100 is their and advice you can give so I could get my ban length down even if I done unpaid work or something.
i had only been moving car when police drove past which I know was stupid can you advise me please

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off