drink drive crash....

Convicted Driver Insurance

paigyasyapa

hello my name is garry...story : i was found sleeping at the backseat of the crashed car ..police wake me up and took me to police station..asked for breath sample...but i refused it becs i told them i was only sleeping in the car not driving...and main thing that i did nt realise my car is smashed to lamp post becs i was so drunk ..there is big story behind this. and the shocking thing that police only charged me with not providing breath sample when found incharge of the car... now the thing is i dont have licence only provisional passed (theory)...got my own car learner insured..book my test on 30th july already ..took lessons...i did offence or mistake that i drived my car to my friends house without supervisor .. it was frd bday party ...he invited me around 8 and i drove my car there safely.party started and one guy wants to check out my car.. i let him guy drive my car becs he told me he is driving for two years ...i only let him drive for 2 mins only on the street.and got back safely..after i drink too much ..fell asleep there on the chair or knocked out...two guys put me in the car becs they said there is no place for me to sleep..... without my knowledge they put me into my car and did nt lock the car because i was too drunk ....ohk i dnt know what happen after i was found sleeping in the car police took me ....next day they release me with charge not providing breath specimen ...they did not took my statement...they did nt tell me my car is crashed ..they did nt tell me nothing and did not ask me nothing that what i am doing in crashed car...after i went to my frd house to look for my car ..it was nt there..i ask them they said they dont know where u park them...i went out to find my car....i found my car 3-4 streets away smashed properly...i got shocked.. .then a guy comes out tell me that i saw two guys driving your car in the streets while u sleeping in the back seat and parked car here and it was crashed. he said he did nt see crashing..they remove their tshirts try to wipe car try to remove fingerprints and throw the keys back to me while m asleep...he is witness...so my question is should i compalint to police that two guys took car key from my pocket while m sleep ..smashed my car and leave me alone . i remember little bit that two guys driving and laughing in my car.and i fell of and knocked out properlyi dnt remember after that....i wandered abt police why he did not charge me for smashing the car and only for not providing specimen..what should i do ..should i tell everything to police what happend that nyt and i suspicious on all of my frd who was on the party but they denied it... is it a very complicated case..should i tell them everything

All the police have to do is to show that they had a reasonable belief that you were the driver of a motor vehicle, or in charge of a motor vehicle, and that you failed to supply a sample for analysis.
You were found in your own vehicle drunk, and you failed to supply a sample.
You say that you have a witness who saw 2 people in your car with you asleep on the back seat, but the witness did not see the crash. I find it hard to believe that a witness would be able to see you asleep on the back seat in the dark as the vehicle drive past.
you have a choice;
a quick guilty plea to failing to supply when in charge of a motor vehicle, which in my opinion the evidence shows to be correct.
give the police your story, which as presented here shows you driving unaccompanied, permitting someone else to drive with no insurance and a half hearted explanation as to how you were found drunk in your car.
i will be honest and say that I don't believe the story, and I doubt that the court will either. If you plead not guilty I think that more harm will come out for you, they may add charges because you admit to being a provisional licence holder driving to the party unaccompanied and you will still be found guilty so for damage limitation, plead guilty. It will also save you considerable costs. A not guilty plea now in court attracts £620 prosecution costs and £550 court costs. A guilty plea attracts costs of 'only' £85 prosecution costs and £150 court costs.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off