refused to give specimen *worried*

Convicted Driver Insurance

lonelygirl

Hi everyone,

So we are all here for the same reason, and i appreciate this site in giving people like us somewhere to go so that we feel we are less alone in our problems. People keep telling me since that fateful night that "its not the end of the world, and we all make mistakes ,but no matter what anybody says, no matter how reassured we find ourselves, that sinking feeling always returns where you know your the reason your life is ruined. Anyway i wanted to ask what anyone would think my likely sentancing will be, i refused to give the breath sample as the police actually knocked my door and arrested me.I had no idea they could do that but they did. In hindsight i shouldnt of answered the door but stupidly i did. Anyway im now on bail and due in court soon. Does anyone think that the court will be more leniant if i put forward the mitigating factors that i am estranged from both parents and the sole carer for my ailing grandparents? I want to put forward my case but i dont want it to look like im using that as some kind of excuse , however i do think that my circumstances are behind the reason i drink. I have recently been accepted into a good uni and life was going reasonably well but there was part of me that felt i didnt deserve to be this happy and in a way i kinda knew i would **** things up for myself. Well really have ****ed it up now but i am hoping that if i get a community order it will not interfere with my uni in september? I think its the not knowing thats making me so depressed tbh :( any advise would be greatly appreciated. I also am not sure about paying for a solicitor as not sure how it works but one defence solicitor wanted to charge 995 just to attend court with me. Its all a bit of a minefield and i feel like i dont know who to turn to. Is there really any chance that i will not be convicted if i paid for a good solicitor? I really want to get an idea of what i will get as my anxiety is going through the roof.I was under suicide watch in the police station.Will the court be notified of my mental state and if so could that go in my favour? I appreciate any advice

I know its too late now but if the police actually caught you at home then you might have had a drink when you got home.

In any case you should always provide a sample when asked, even if you're below the limit as failing to give a sample will be seen that you are twice over the limit by default and result in a 24 month ban.

See your solicitor and if you had only been drinking when you got home and not under the influence when driving then they might be able to help.

Last edited:
The police have saw that i was udner the influence though so is there any point in contesting it? i dont want to aggravate the court further :(

I once got "Caught" in a similar way
A neighbour of the local pub where I used to leave the car reported me for parking like I was pi$$ed, as it was put to me...
I was in a hell of a rush but not through drinking.
The policeman at my door some twenty minutes later accepted my (truthful) version of events and left it at that, with a reminder not to drive that night.....Mind you, it was half eleven and I had got a can of Stella in my hand when I did answer the door.

I don't think i'm going to be that fortunate :(
Apparently the officers were taking bottles out of the bin from where i had been. Basically screwed. So depressed and cant see any way forward from this. I have tried every means possible to get some decent advise but some solicitors seem to think i could deny the driving and some think i shouldn't. Either way i dont wana end up pissing the court off more and getting a heftier sentence.
Thanks tho

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off