Court tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Helpplease

Hi, my son is in court tomorrow at 2pm, what time should he arrive if he wants to try and speak to the duty solicitor please?

He has to be there for 2pm, but his case could be called then or at 4pm, depending on court business.
I would advise him getting there for 1pm to get some advice. The advice is free, but the solicitor may not go in to court to speak up for your son.
Unless there is a significant risk of custody from his reading, the solicitor cannot claim for being in court so he may just give advice to your son about what he should say himself when he goes into court.

Thankyou, hopefully he will just get to have a chat with them he had a blood reading of 99, and crashed into a parked car. I have been told that there would be no risk of a custodial sentence with this. I hope that is right as I am so worried .

There is no risk of custody with a blood reading of 99. The guidelines are for a 12-16 month ban. Unless great play is made of the accident, it is unlikely that the magistrates will go above those guidelines.

Thanks so much for your advice, he saw the duty solicitor and he went into the court room to speak up for him. He ended up with 12 month ban reduced to 9 with the course with a £260 ban, £85 costs and £20 victim charge. The best result he could of hoped for in the circumstances.

Agreed. Was he offered a Drink Drive Rehabilitation course, which would reduce it to 9 months?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off