help 2nd drink driving offense

Convicted Driver Insurance

barbar90

caught last sunday morning for drink driving. breath reading of 61mg. had only had 1 pint of fosters and 1 shot of whisky mixed with coke.

when o told my friends that i had been caught one of them admitted to spiking 4 of my oranshowge juices with vodka.

i was parked up on the pavement when the police pulled up beside me and breathalysed me. I had no problem with this because as far as i knew i was ok to drive. to my dismay i failed the test and was arrested. at the same time the police were talking about TTK? i have no idea what this means. can some one explain. I think this is to do with someone phoning the police to say that i had been harrasssing them.

what can i do? i lost my job three weeks ago. I am a self employed courier driver and without my licence i cannot recieve an income. I am getting married in feb 2010. My fiancee is a foreign national and i will need to show that i have regular income to support her. I also need to show savings of £12000 (of which i have only £4000 at this moment in time). i also have tax bill of £4500 which needs paying by the end of jan 2010. without my licence i would probably lose my whole life as my career would be non existent and i would not be able to support my wife.

basically i think there would be no point in me living. what can i do?

caught last sunday morning for drink driving. breath reading of 61mg. had only had 1 pint of fosters and 1 shot of whisky mixed with coke.

when o told my friends that i had been caught one of them admitted to spiking 4 of my oranshowge juices with vodka.

i was parked up on the pavement when the police pulled up beside me and breathalysed me. I had no problem with this because as far as i knew i was ok to drive. to my dismay i failed the test and was arrested. at the same time the police were talking about TTK? i have no idea what this means. can some one explain. I think this is to do with someone phoning the police to say that i had been harrasssing them.

what can i do? i lost my job three weeks ago. I am a self employed courier driver and without my licence i cannot recieve an income. I am getting married in feb 2010. My fiancee is a foreign national and i will need to show that i have regular income to support her. I also need to show savings of £12000 (of which i have only £4000 at this moment in time). i also have tax bill of £4500 which needs paying by the end of jan 2010. without my licence i would probably lose my whole life as my career would be non existent and i would not be able to support my wife.

basically i think there would be no point in me living. what can i do?

Hi there,

For a second drink driving offence within 10 years to lose your driving licence for a minimum period of 36 months.

I would definitely recommend hiring a good motoring lawyer with a proven track record of defending drink driving cases, this is imperative as you have so much to lose.

Is your friend willing to testify in court that they spiked your drink? A good motoring lawyer could possibly help you avoid a driving ban under 'special reasons' (the fact that your drinks were spiked without your knowledge), if successful you could still be convicted of the offence, but avoid a driving ban. This is something that you would need to explore with a good solicitor who can examine all evidence and possibilities and advise you further.

Last edited:
thanx. my friend is willing to testify.

i am terrified because i know about the mandatory sentence being 36 months if it is your second offence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off