Signing your bloods over to the police

Convicted Driver Insurance

dvb723

Hi all,

As some people know on the thread I've been charged with DD. I'm now waiting for my court date etc.

What I'd like to know and if any one else has been in the situation, when the police come to your house and ask permission to sign your bloods over - as I was unconscious at the crash - do you have to physically sign anything?

The reason I ask, the police officer came to my house by himself, didn't record anything, didn't get me to sign anything but purely a verbal word from me - no witnesses - to take my blood. My friend said to me he hasn't taken the right procedure here.

Is this right?

This would be your friend in the pub.....?
how does he get to be an expert in police procedure!
verbal consent is fine, and the police officer signs the form to confirm that you have consent. He will have done this after the visit, not necessary to do it at the time. The form used is a MGDD/C and you can see it for yourself on the link below. The relevant part is C40, then C48, there is no place for the 'suspect' to sign their consent:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._data/file/421205/MGDD_C_Ver_7_0_Feb_2015.pdf

read, digest, then show it to your mate in the pub.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off