Over the limit. Advice needed :-(

Convicted Driver Insurance

dvb723

I've just had the police call me, as I was waiting for my bloods to come through and they were 150. Legal limit is 80.

I was involved in a crash with both cars written off and injuries. Fractured arms.

What is the maximum penalty that I'm looking at. I really don't know what to do from here on. 1st offence, never been involved with the police or any trouble.

Can any one help and advise me please :-(

I've just had the police call me, as I was waiting for my bloods to come through and they were 150. Legal limit is 80.

I was involved in a crash with both cars written off and injuries. Fractured arms.

What is the maximum penalty that I'm looking at. I really don't know what to do from here on. 1st offence, never been involved with the police or any trouble.

Can any one help and advise me please :-(
it really depends i have pretty much the same reading as you but the only person injured was me.. and its 17-22 months but as there was other people involved its a little different i had a friend who hit someone in a car while drink and he got charged with dangerous driving and gbh.. without intent... but its really down to the judge on the day...

it really depends i have pretty much the same reading as you but the only person injured was me.. and its 17-22 months but as there was other people involved its a little different i had a friend who hit someone in a car while drink and he got charged with dangerous driving and gbh.. without intent... but its really down to the judge on the day...

What did he end up getting Ryan? Big fine? Community service? Lengthy ban?

Dvb723.
looks like you did the right thing then, in agreeing to your sample being analysed. Now you have avoided having to do a medical before you get your licence back.
As Ryan9911 said, guidance for a blood reading of 150 is a ban of 17-22 months. It is possible for the magistrates to go higher into the next sentencing bracket where there is an injury collision if you are clearly responsible. It is also possible for the police to charge you with careless driving as well as drink driving but usually they just leave it to the magistrates to take the poor driving into account when considering the drink driving and just leave it at one offence. You will find out when you get the paperwork.
The police will either invite you to the police station to have the offence served on you or send you a summons through the post. In the latter case, this can take up to 6 months.
let us know what happens.

Dvb723.
looks like you did the right thing then, in agreeing to your sample being analysed. Now you have avoided having to do a medical before you get your licence back.
As Ryan9911 said, guidance for a blood reading of 150 is a ban of 17-22 months. It is possible for the magistrates to go higher into the next sentencing bracket where there is an injury collision if you are clearly responsible. It is also possible for the police to charge you with careless driving as well as drink driving but usually they just leave it to the magistrates to take the poor driving into account when considering the drink driving and just leave it at one offence. You will find out when you get the paperwork.
The police will either invite you to the police station to have the offence served on you or send you a summons through the post. In the latter case, this can take up to 6 months.
let us know what happens.

Well the thing that feels strange, I haven't been charged with anything yet. The police officer told me over the phone and said he'll come out on Thursday to see me at my home address. Is this normal? my brother said I would have been asked to go down the station to be charged? He did say about going to court in 3-4 weeks.

Would you recommend paying a solicitor, or going with a duty one? I don't really have the money :-(

Well the thing that feels strange, I haven't been charged with anything yet. The police officer told me over the phone and said he'll come out on Thursday to see me at my home address. Is this normal? my brother said I would have been asked to go down the station to be charged? He did say about going to court in 3-4 weeks.

Would you recommend paying a solicitor, or going with a duty one? I don't really have the money :-(
my firend got 110hrs of unpaid work... and lost his licence for 22months.. and a 500 pound fine.

i had the exact same thing cause i was in hospital i was not formaly charged untill 1.5months after.. witch it is very confusing they will charge you and you get invited in to the station as a volunteer well that what i was.. and then i was sent a summons the hole time scale for me was 3months on the dot.. i know where you are coming from its very annoying just to have it hanging over your head you just want them to get on with it

my firend got 110hrs of unpaid work... and lost his licence for 22months.. and a 500 pound fine.

i had the exact same thing cause i was in hospital i was not formaly charged untill 1.5months after.. witch it is very confusing they will charge you and you get invited in to the station as a volunteer well that what i was.. and then i was sent a summons the hole time scale for me was 3months on the dot.. i know where you are coming from its very annoying just to have it hanging over your head you just want them to get on with it

Thanks for sharing this Ryan. 1 more question. How did you and your friend go about work? Like I've read some people lose their jobs and some don't? I'm worried to tell my work incase it's dismissal, or even future work on applications.

Thanks for sharing this Ryan. 1 more question. How did you and your friend go about work? Like I've read some people lose their jobs and some don't? I'm worried to tell my work incase it's dismissal, or even future work on applications.
well im a slaughterman and i was honest with them said im going to loose my licence from drink driving and they are fine with it even offerd me character references i think if you still intent on working your work should be fine in my eyes as long as you aint a driver... my friend also kept his job.. just be upfront with them..

well im a slaughterman and i was honest with them said im going to loose my licence from drink driving and they are fine with it even offerd me character references i think if you still intent on working your work should be fine in my eyes as long as you aint a driver... my friend also kept his job.. just be upfront with them..

Thanks for letting me know this Ryan. Once I've spoken with the police and know everything I'll speak with my work.

Thanks for letting me know this Ryan. Once I've spoken with the police and know everything I'll speak with my work.
well i got back from court... given a 18 month band reduced to 14 with driving course... and £145 court costs and 80hrs of community service... so im happy i didnt get a massive fine but on the other hand.. i have to do community service

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off