Waiting on bloods.

Convicted Driver Insurance

AAAD

Hi,

I was driving three weeks ago and hit a large pile of mud (on a mountain road, in the middle of the night), came off the road and hit a tree. I dislocated my shoulder so I had to call an ambulance, in response I was of course breathalysed.

I blew a 70 at the roadside and was arrested, but because I had to go to hospital I was offered a blood test. Four hours later (and lots of water) I finally had my bloods taken by a duty doctor, then let to go on my way (expensive taxi home).

I'm a 26 year old, high alcohol intake, 105kg male. I had been drinking red wine during the day but stopped about an hour and a half before the crash.

People say I have hope to be under, though it sounds pretty borderline. Should I harbour hope? I stupidly threw away my bloods in hospital because I didn't understand why I had been given them, so I can't work that out.

Thanks for any advice, it's been three weeks and I'm dreading on the result.

The roadside test is only an indication, your actual reading. Old be different. With a 4 hour delay that could have quite an impact on what your blood comes back at, but be aware that the police sometimes ask for a 'back calculation' on the blood reading to work out what your reading would have been at the time of the accident. Some forces do it as a matter of routine, others only do it for serious road traffic collisions.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off