Can you drive on the day your ban ends?

Convicted Driver Insurance

boxtas

My ban ends on 23.10.15, will i be able to drive on 23.10.15 or must i wait until 24.10.15?

You have to read what the paperwork says from the court and / or DVLA.
If it says your ban ends on 23rd October then you can drive from the 24th.
if your thinking is: I was banned on the 23rd so it runs out on the 23rd, it actually finishes on the 22nd, so you can drive from the 23rd.
Either way, you can apply for your licence 2 months early (3 months if you are a High Risk Offender) and you should look at the date that is on the licence when it comes back. Whatever date that says is the date that you can start driving, you do not have to wait until the day after.
Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for your astute reply.

I went to court on 23.07.14 and got a 20 month ban reduced to 15 months after course.

Court paperwork states ban ends on 23.10.15.

As you say once my new license comes i will know the date i can drive as it will say valid from.

I am guessing that it will say from 23.10.15 so i can drive from 00.01am on 23.10.15?

I think that's in line with what you said?

Thanks

Spot on..... but yes, check the licence! If DVLA are on the ball, you should get it back within 2-3 weeks, unless there is a medical needed. so you will have 5-6 weeks to stare at the date and dream of the car you will re launch your driving career in.....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off