blew 77 refused roadside Breatg test

Convicted Driver Insurance

lewisd7787

Hi Wondering if any one can give me advice - Last week i made the stupid mistake of drink driving after a argument with my girlfriend i crashed in to the back of a car on a roundabout at 3 o'clock in afternoon i kicked up a bit of a fuss with the police as i wasnt in a good mood stupid i know refused roadside test - any way got arrested then complied with the police at the custody suite blew 77ug in breath - Just wondering what the consequences will be for not co-operating with po;lice and hitting another vehicle also had no M.O.T Will i recieve a custodial sentence it is my first offence and have no previous convictions of any kind or previous points on licence
All advice will be appreciated thanks

Hi Wondering if any one can give me advice - Last week i made the stupid mistake of drink driving after a argument with my girlfriend i crashed in to the back of a car on a roundabout at 3 o'clock in afternoon i kicked up a bit of a fuss with the police as i wasnt in a good mood stupid i know refused roadside test - any way got arrested then complied with the police at the custody suite blew 77ug in breath - Just wondering what the consequences will be for not co-operating with po;lice and hitting another vehicle also had no M.O.T Will i recieve a custodial sentence it is my first offence and have no previous convictions of any kind or previous points on licence
All advice will be appreciated thanks

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 77, magistrates sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving disqualification of between 17 and 22 months. These are guidelines only and magistrates will take into account all mitigating and aggravating factors before sentencing.

The fact that you refused a preliminary roadside breath test, were involved in an accident and had no M.O.T will be classed as aggravating factors which can only go towards increasing any sentence received. Despite the aggravating factors, custody is highly unlikely, although community service may be considered if magistrates decide to deviate from the guidelines.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you, let us know the outcome of your court case as it may help others who find themselves in a similar situation at some point in the future.

thanks for your reply has helped my mind a bit .. i will defo post my results from court up monday thas if im still on the outside

Hi
I didn't cooperate with the police when I was picked up. Mainly because I was a lone female and when six police men were surrounding me yeah I kicked off a little, ended up with my arms full of bruises. Demanded a female police officer came that fell on deaf ears. My point is when my day arrived it court the duty solicitor read out the police statement, the first time I had heard it. I thought all that I was accountable for was what was on my charge sheet. Apparently not, according to the police I was shouting and wailing? I re collect asking for a female officer that's about it. The police added I was sub dued? anyone would think I was armed.
My point is just be ready for the police's statement of events to be colourful as mine was.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off