Over the limit the next morning?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Routemaster

An increasing amount of drivers are being caught because they are still over the drink drive limit the following morning. This is a very grey area. A person wakes up after a night drinking feels perfectly sober, not even a hangover and gets in their car but is stopped by police, breath tested, over the limit, court, criminal record, ban, loss of job or career ruined.

Should there be an active campaign to encourage people to buy their own approved breathalyser? TV adverts, posters etc? Because for less than £50 you can get an approved breathalyser which could save you a criminal record and ban. So ok you had a few drinks last night, the next morning before work you test your breath and are over the limit. Its a lot better to call in sick or get a taxi. Pulling a sickie at work maybe frowned upon but a criminal record is frowned upon a hell of a lot more! So I think people need to be encouraged to get their own breathalyser.

There also needs to be a lot more education on warning people that they could be over the limit the next morning, we've all seen the current advert where a guy walks to the bar and is warned about the consequences of DD, so maybe an advert showing the risk of being over the limit next morning.

I totally agree with this as I was done not the following morning but the following evening. I have prevented so many of my friends from making the same mistake I did. I feel there is little point educating people after they have been arrested and charged whats the point in that apart from a money making idea as convicted people will pay almost anything to reduce their ban hence the cost for the course. Drivers would benefit from the training prior to even passing their test but saying that the police over time would no doubt decrease.
I have researched this so much over the past few weeks and emphasis is on statistics the numbers of people pulled and convicted posted regularly on social media people named and shamed in various boroughs. What good is this doing? I will tell you no good whatsoever. It is important that drivers are made aware prior to driving about drinking and how the body absorbs alcohol and the time it takes to get out of the system. If such training was set up as mandatory the penalties then could be harsh as drivers have been educated. To severely punish people for something they know little about seems unfair. Money needs to be spent in the right places on educating people not lining the pockets of the police catching people out.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off