Spent convictions

Convicted Driver Insurance

Smithy

Hello, any advice would be much appreciated. I was convicted and given a DR10 in sept 2011 with a £400 fine.
Could anyone advise as to exactly when my conviction is classed as spent; is it at the end of the ban (which has already passed and I am driving again) or is it after 5 years?
Also, do I have to disclose my conviction to prospective employers and insurers?
Thank you
Smithy

Te legislation was changed about convictions in March 2014, BUT this did not affect motoring convictions, so they have to be disclosed for insurance purposes for 5 years from the date of conviction. Your conviction will be disclosable for 5 years from conviction if they ask you about it, some employers don't. If you have to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check done for your job then this conviction will be disclosable for 11 years if it is your only conviction or for life if you have more than one disclosable conviction.

Enhanced CRB shows up everything believe me!!!! Im almost 40 and had one done last nov, something I did over 20 years ago was there in all its glory!! I had to explain and I couldn't even remember what I had done!!! never goes away!! :mad:

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off