Assistance - awaiting blood test results

Convicted Driver Insurance

heza

I recently blew 44 and then 41 the police station having been stopped for drinking driving. 35-45 minutes later I gave blood samples. The police were reasonable and suggested there was a good chance my blood sample could come back below (I hadn't drunk any alcohol for over 2 hours). I am awaiting the results of private analysis, but the lab seemed to think it would be very tight and probably just over (they havent actually tested it yet).

I have since spoken to a solicitor who, following a reasonably detailed discussion on the phone seemed to think there maybe a technical case to have the case thrown out but I needed to preserve the evidence. He proposed a fee etc but I realised I can write to the police and preserve the evidence myself (custody suite video and custody log book) which made up quite a bit of the fee.

Questions for me:

1. based on breath test results, how worried should I be?
2. is it worth pursuing the technical case?

I hold my hand up to having a breathalyser reading above the legal limit and know I should have never have driven. I feel terrible for being behind the wheel that night. However, if the police havent followed procedure, I don't feel bad for pursuing a technical case if there is one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off