Blew 45 @ Station

Convicted Driver Insurance

jammyj

Hello,

After having a couple of glasses of wine, starting @ around 7PM and finishing at 8.30pm, I was feeling fine and I drove home after a 3 course meal out.

Upon driving home i got pulled over for undertaking, I was provoked into doing this by a police car who blocked me in, doesn't matter about this but yeah, I was pulled over.

The time of getting pulled over was roughly 9.48PM

On the roadside I blew 41.

After taking all my details etc in the station, I did not get offered a drink or go to the toilet, they took my breath and I blew 45 on the lowest reading. This time was 23.05.

I then had to wait 1 hour to have the nurse come and take my blood, this time was 00.06.

Do you think I have a chance of having my blood being below the 80 threshold?

I weigh 11 stone and I'm 6 foot 1 tall, 20 year old male.

I would expect your reading to be in the region of 92-82, but with a deduction of 6 made at the laboratory, so an end result of 86-76..... This of course straddles the legal limit! We're you given a sample yourself that could be analysed if you want to know quickly? (Bear in mind that this will cost you about £100)

I would expect your reading to be in the region of 92-82, but with a deduction of 6 made at the laboratory, so an end result of 86-76..... This of course straddles the legal limit! We're you given a sample yourself that could be analysed if you want to know quickly? (Bear in mind that this will cost you about £100)

Thanks for the reply, Price.

Yes, i've sent off the result today, and ill be getting a phone call on Friday.

Genuinely thought I'd be ok, i felt ok and didn't knowingly drive drunk! :(

If it makes any difference, my first drink was @ 6.30 and last around 8.20.

Hello,

After having a couple of glasses of wine, starting @ around 7PM and finishing at 8.30pm, I was feeling fine and I drove home after a 3 course meal out.

Upon driving home i got pulled over for undertaking, I was provoked into doing this by a police car who blocked me in, doesn't matter about this but yeah, I was pulled over.

The time of getting pulled over was roughly 9.48PM

On the roadside I blew 41.

After taking all my details etc in the station, I did not get offered a drink or go to the toilet, they took my breath and I blew 45 on the lowest reading. This time was 23.05.

I then had to wait 1 hour to have the nurse come and take my blood, this time was 00.06.

Do you think I have a chance of having my blood being below the 80 threshold?

I weigh 11 stone and I'm 6 foot 1 tall, 20 year old male.

Considering the amount of time that has past since your last drink at 8.30 PM and 00.06 AM over 3 and half hours its possible your blood alcohol will be around or below the 80mg limit. During that hour you had to wait for the blood test every time you breathed out a little alcohol is lost from your blood and your BAC will continue to fall.

They should not have denied you a drink of water because you may have a medical condition that requires you to keep hydrated. Irrespective of samples etc your health and welfare in custody should take priority.

Went to court today, my 9 month ban will end 2nd December, 2015.

Total costs were around £450 by the courts, and a 12 month ban, with a reduce of 3 months by taking a course.

Jammyj,
thanks for letting us know the outcome. I am sure you will find the course educational as well as beneficial from reducing the length of your ban.
What was your reading in blood in the end?

Jammyj,
thanks for letting us know the outcome. I am sure you will find the course educational as well as beneficial from reducing the length of your ban.
What was your reading in blood in the end?

Hopefully it's useful, I don't have a problem with drink, does the course revolve around people with alcoholism? I drink on birthdays & christmas time only really, probably less than 20 pints a year. I'm in the west midlands area :) as i see you're from telford, I'm just a couple junctions down the m54!:p

My reading was 95 bud.

Jammyj,
It is not a course for alcoholics. People often arrive early to point out to me that they are "not a typical drink driver..." Bad by that they mean a person who drinks a lot. They then find out that the majority of people on the course do not drink large amounts either.
The course is not intended as counselling for people with a drink problem, more designed to make people accept that drink has CAUSED them a problem and to learn how this happened and realise how to not let it happen in the future.
we run courses in Telford, Wolverhampton and Walsall down your way, I usually just do Wolverhampton, perhaps we will meet up when you do a course!

Jammyj,
It is not a course for alcoholics. People often arrive early to point out to me that they are "not a typical drink driver..." Bad by that they mean a person who drinks a lot. They then find out that the majority of people on the course do not drink large amounts either.
The course is not intended as counselling for people with a drink problem, more designed to make people accept that drink has CAUSED them a problem and to learn how this happened and realise how to not let it happen in the future.
we run courses in Telford, Wolverhampton and Walsall down your way, I usually just do Wolverhampton, perhaps we will meet up when you do a course!

Ah thanks! Doesn't sound too bad then actually, i've heard the cost is around £160 and lasts for three days, right?

Well I'm Wolverhampton, so hopefully yeah! I'll reply here the date & where and maybe we will cross paths! Small world;)

Had to get the train and bus today for the first time in years, wasn't too bad, financially I'll be much better off without my car....after all these fines of course! Still a nightmare without my car but I'm just trying to make a positive out of a really crap situation! lol!

JammyJ
Cost for the course is £150, with a reduction for certain categories of people. The courses are slightly more if you opt for a weekend only course as our costs are higher for those. They are run over 3 days in about a 15 day period.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off