Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

wendalboy is offline Member

Default Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Brief Description of Offence:
    Was at a party and drunk several bottles of lager, went to the station and fell asleep for a few hours, came back and drove for a couple of miles at 6am. police followed me for the last bit and claimed i staggered out of the car

Blood Alcohol Level and Reading Type:
    111 breath

Mitigating Factors:
    clean record, guilty plea

Aggravating Factors:
    none

Legal Representation at Court?:
    No

Sentence:
    24 month ban, 100 hours community service and £60 court costs

Offered the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course?:
    Yes and i didnt take it

Sentence Comments:
    I expected the ban but thought the community service was harsh, probation suggested 60 hrs and maj wanted more but settled on 100

Now have my license back and can honestly say it was a wake up call and i won't drink drive again. In the year i have had it back only once have i driven after a drink and that was only one pint, i was so nervous driving even though i knew i was below the limit.

reading 94
    first offence
    court not interested in any cicumstances
    23 months ban reduced by 23 weeks by the course
    450 fine

alexandra21 is offline Member

Had few more drinks at pub than planned,left car at pub ,went across road in boyfriends car(him driving) onto his bosses land,to his house,had argument,i walked back to pub to get laptop from boot of my car got scared in the dark and decided to chance it as v v short distance until on private land,police followed me onto private land as i clipped the roundabout,i got distracted by blue lights and went into land owners fence(oops)
    breath 88
    Mitigating Factors:
    phoned fence owner next day and apologised,offered to pay for damage.first offence,work with young people and mentor for youth offending team voluntarily,very remorseful,full co operation.only intended to drive v short distance then onto land where no people would be at that time of night.owner of fence wrote letter to court.
    Aggravating Factors:
    car windows iced over although not windscreen,clipped roundabout,went into fence.'fell out' of car but was leaning against window in despair and door was opened unexpectedly.

Yes,hired uk traffic law as had seen others taken apart by prosecution.hoped to present good mitigation which in my state(upset)would have been unable to do.

Sentence:
    17 month ban,reduced to 13 with course which i will definitely do,100 fine 85 costs and 15 victim surcharge
    Yes

Sentence Comments:
    very lenient in the circumstances,so i am grateful,definitely worth hiring a solicitor if you are basically of good character to mitigate on your behalf.feel bad that others have recieved worse but am glad that as a stupid mistake i was not punished too harshly and i will certainly never do it again!

1stoffence is offline Member

Had a couple of drinks for Easter after 2 months of lent and drove 1 mile to drop off my relatives

90mg in breath

Mitigating Factors:
    1st offence and no previous convictions

Aggravating Factors:
    2 burst tyres following inicent with curb and 1 passenger

Yes

Sentence:
    22 months reduced to 17 with course £385 fine (inc costs)
    Yes and will take

Sentence Comments:
    Think that the sentance was fair and could have been a lot worse without reprsentation and references. I made a mistake and these are the consequences and will learn from them!

upset is offline Member

Carried on drinking after a boozy weekend - have an alcohol problem and due to heightened anxiety about personal problems, drank and drove. Stupid I know.

168mcg in breath, yes really.

Mitigating Factors:
    first offence and no previous convictions, quiet road, near home, good character, good references, GP report and report from alcohol support worker.

Aggravating Factors:
    None

Yes

Sentence:
    12 week prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, 80 hours community service, £85 court costs, 36 months ban reduced to 27 with course, supervision for 18 months.

Yes and will take.

Sentence Comments:
    I was very very lucky not to be put in custody. I have learnt my lesson and today is one I will never forget, nor remember fondly.

new_pedestrian is offline Established Member

Caught at a petrol station having popped out for some cigarettes. Policeman in petrol station smelt alcohol on my breath and asked for a word...

I blew 66, don't know the BAC.

Mitigating Factors:
    Short distance driven (well, about a mile), totally co-operative and polite to police at all times, no previous trouble with the police, early guilty plea.

Aggravating Factors:
    None.

No - I asked for the duty solicitor but was told that I didn't qualify because my case didn't warrant a custodial sentence. I was surprised about this and asked if I could just have a quick word with the duty solicitor, which the usher sorted out for me. Had a very brief chat with the solicitor just to make sure I had straight what was going to happen.

Sentence:
    17 months ban, offered course which will reduce ban to 13 months. £220 fine, £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.

Yes, this will cost me around £200.

Sentence Comments:
    Not as bad as I'd feared, and I can pay the fine etc. in installments, so although I'll notice it, it won't ruin me. The magistrates seemed to be at great pains to ensure that I could afford the fine.

I can't stress enough how much wearing a suit and being polite helped on court day. I thought everyone would wear a suit to court, or at least a shirt and tie or something, but other than the solicitors etc. I was the only one in the waiting room who'd turned up smartly dressed.

My surname comes late in the alphabet and the list of cases that was posted outside the courtroom had me on second last. As I handed my means form to the usher, she said that she would get me in first.

I think that as much as any of the mitigating factors I've mentioned, making an effort to look respectable and behaving politely in court goes a long way towards the magistrates looking favourably on the defendant.

Question Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Had a lot to drink during a rugby club end of season dinner fell asleep at mates about 3 woke up about 6ish walked around then decided i needed to get home drove home verred across the road hit the wheel trims into the road copper saw and pulled me over

Breath 75ug

Mitigating Factors:
    not sure i have any apart from co operative with the police

Aggravating Factors:
    previous criminal conviction for assualt 6 months ago
    none as yet

Sentence:
    due in court in june not sure what to expect a big fine and a ban of 18 months i guess...

Any help available.... would you recommend legal representation ??

disqualfication is a ban u dont get points after that u are up to your maximum which is 13 i fink - also the insurance dont hit u as hard as u would expect!!

Bakkara is offline Member

Had a lot to drink during a rugby club end of season dinner fell asleep at mates about 3 woke up about 6ish walked around then decided i needed to get home drove home verred across the road hit the wheel trims into the road copper saw and pulled me over

Breath reading was 102 at the police station but I was charged for refusing to provide the spicemen on the road side

Mitigating Factors:
    Clean licence, no previous offences, suffering from difficult family situation and depression

Aggravating Factors:
    Assaulting a police officer while on duty
    Yes

Sentence:
    due for a second hearing on 15th of June. Presentence is low level community order or fine and disqualification from 16 to 24 months

Bakkara is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Couldn't find how to edit the message as I copied one of the previous ones and forgot to delete the description.
    Drove to school to pick children up after having a bottle of wine, was stopped by the police
    Breath reading was 102 at the police station but I was charged for refusing to provide the spicemen on the road side and they've never mentioned the alcohol level at all.

Mitigating Factors:
    Clean licence, no previous offences, suffering from difficult family situation and depression, pleaded guilty for both offences

Aggravating Factors:
    Assaulting a police officer while on duty
    Yes

Sentence:
    due for a second hearing on 15th of June. Pre sentence is low level community order or fine and disqualification from 16 to 24 months[/QUOTE]

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast