Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

jade is offline New Member

Exclamation Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Brief Description of Offence:
    had 2 half pints of cider. just pulling off the car park and police pulled me, was not drunk at all, im currently on prozac for depression and tablets to help me sleep at night have a drink driving on licence from when i was 16, 4 years ago
    Blood Alcohol Level and Reading Type:
    breath 62ug
    Mitigating Factors:
    only drove on car park,
    Aggravating Factors:
    drink driving 4 years ago when i was 16 served 12 month ban

Legal Representation at Court?:
    duty solicitor at court this thursday 29th

Jamesn is offline Member

Unhappy Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Drink driving. drove through police tape and crime scene got cought

Breath test lowest reading 125ug over 100 of breath

Mitigating Factors:
    First driving offence, one caution from police 2years ago (drugs), full time enployment, been attending alcoholics anonymous once a week since the incident. think going to AA of my own free will went down well.

Aggravating Factors:
    two passengers in the car, drove through crime scene, went very close to police officer on the road.

Yes cost £350

Sentence:
    29 month ban but going to do the 25% reduction course, 6 weeks curfew (gota be home by 11pm), 18 month probation, £85 court cost.

Offered the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course?:
    Yes intend to take it

Sentence Comments:
    was expecting worse to be honest. but lesson learnt, aint gona be putting my self through this type of stress again any time soon.

Default Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Drank wine in the evening. More than usual due to relationship issues.
    In the early hours of the morning I drove to a near by 24 hour garage 2 miles away. One of my lights was out which is enough to be pulled over even if you are driving 'normally'. He knocked on my window at the garage as I got was getting out to the pumps. Told me my light was out..then smelt alcohol and breathalyzed me which came up as a fail. No other offense or factors came in to it. Was flood lit empty road to the garage. Just unlucky about the light I guess.. :-/

Breath 84ug at the station

Mitigating Factors:
    No previous drink driving / criminal convictions, completely co-operation with the police start to finish, short distance driven, there were some personal reasons for driving at 2am that morning but I did not try to justify my actions with them, but they were mentioned in court.
    I am very slim and small in build also which wouldn't have helped with the amount of alcohol that was still in my system, perhaps this should have been mentioned in court too.
    Several officers made statements about my nice nature and my clearly honest regret at my actions. They didn't have to, and for that i am grateful.

Aggravating Factors:
    non.

Yes - fee £475 ( I am pretty sure a duty solic could have done the same job. )

Sentence:
    17 months ban, fine £100, costs £100

Yes to reduce ban by 25%
    I definitely will be attending this in a few months. Aside from bringing my ban down to 13 months, I genuinely want to attend it to scare me off ever being that stupid again, whether I had a good reason that morning or not!

Sentence Comments:
    I was told to expect 2 years and anything less would be a bonus. That was good advise as it really did soften the blow of 17 months with the course offered too. but of course I had prayed for less for a few important reasons.
    I'd heard of people with higher 'ug' readings going further distances and driving recklessly getting pretty much the same ban period as me ( but bigger fines ) so I was a little low.
    But it also could have been worse!

After Thoughts:
    I seriously would have taken a £1000 fine to reduce my ban if that was possible (god knows how I would have paid it!)... but money is nothing compared to my job ( i can no longer travel too).. or the unbelievable life change for me and my young family for the next 13 months.
    One of the worse parts of this (along with losing my license!) is knowing I know have a criminal record.

If I could go back in time..... :-/

x

signman is offline Established Member

Left pub, drove less than half mile down straight road, pulled by motorbike cop. According to his statement in court someone reported me. Had drank 4 and half pints over more than four hours.

Breath was 47.......Blood was 112

Mitigating Factors:

Short distance driven, good character references including two from serving policemen. Road was quiet. Have my own business which will suffer as i travel to different location each day.

Aggravating Factors:

None.

Yes. This proved quite costly as i plead not guilty at first appearance so that we could view all the evidence against me including DVD of breathalizer proceedure. Plead guilty at second appearance after viewing all evidence.

Sentence:

12 months, reduced to 9 with drivers course. £120 fine, £15 victims surcharge, £85 costs.

Yes.

Sentence Comments:

Received best available in circumstances especially given i originally pleaded not guilty and apparently you should receive less credit if you do not admit guilt at first opportunity. The court gave me full credit as if i originally pleaded guilty.

daveyboy1 is offline New Member

new years eve, had a bust up with gf when i got home so stupidly decided to go for a drive to 'clear my mind'. ended up going into the back of someones car at about 10mph, both cars sustained small amount of damage. I then panicked so left the scene and went home. hour or so later, police came n took me away.

Breath test - 54 micrograms

Mitigating Factors:
    no previous convictions, clean licence, co-operated fully with police and admittted to everything straight away.

Aggravating Factors:
    Fled the scene of an accident.

Yes...£200 but well worth it

Sentence:
    Appeared in court on the 13th of this month and pleaded guilty straight away, was given a 12 month ban and £350 fine (£250 actual fine, £85 court costs and £15 surcharge). They didnt seem bothered that i was actually involved in an accident which suprised me!

Yes and will do it to reduce ban to 9 months.

Sentence Comments:
    Thought the sentence was good considering i was expecting a larger fine/ban. Lesson learned and wont be making this mistake anytime soon!

MattD is offline Member

Had a lot to drink the previous night at a party, then club after. Got home around 6am (taxi!). The next afternoon I went to watch a football match and had 2 pints with friends after the game (5pm). At 7pm whilst driving I was pulled over for a random breath test (Saturday 19th Dec).

Breath 60mg

Mitigating Factors:
    Only had my license for 3 years, but fully clean license with no driving convictions. No criminal convictions. Cooperated fully with police. Had 2 references stating I was of a good character.

Aggravating Factors:
    None

Yes, solicitor at cost of £250.

Sentence:
    12 month ban, reduced to 9 months with DD rehabilitation course. £450 fine.

Yes, and I will be taking it.

Sentence Comments:
    As I was in the second tier (59mg+) of the sentencing guidelines (17 to 22 months), I expected to get 17 months. The fine was about the amount I expected. I've definitely learnt my lesson (beer the night before can still be in your system. The only safe way to drive is with zero alcohol in your system!), and will not make the same mistake again.

Random User is offline New Member

Unhappy Re: DRINK DRIVING SENTENCES

Didn't hardly sleep all night, Had a previous hangover aswell. Started Drinking at 10pm finished at 9am. 5/6 pints, 6/7 large shots, plus a few other random whiskeys (maybe more). Hardly ate throughout.
    Drove home, country lane, blind spot bend lost control went into a ditch.

Breath 148 first @9.30am
    Breath 143 at station @10.10am

Mitigating Factors:
    First driving offence, cooperative with police. Only intending to drive short distance (less than 4 mile) though this was probably not taken into consideration.
    Medical condition, namely IBS, contributes to my food breakdown and acid levels in body (GP note provided). Live with a very small and dependent family and handle family business. No one else in vehicle, No public or private property destroyed. Also told court, I slept for 4 hours during the night and drove home under the impression I was reasonably okay to drive.
    Also a note from Doctor explaining I feel depressed and suffering from anxiety etc etc since incident.
    Full insurance etc.
    2 Good references from Government officials. P.S. DRESS SMART!

Aggravating Factors:
    One previous caution for drunk and disorderly over 7 years ago (court fine).

First instance, went humble and alone. Court refused to see me until I get a duty solicitor(as reading was so high).
    Same duty solicitor for sentencing.
    Cost: £250

Sentence:
    29 month ban (after Driving course, orginally 36months)
    £85 court fees
    180 hours community service (originally 240hours, but reduced due to guilty plea)
    N.B. If given a fine (not court fee), community service is not given. Always one or the other.

Yes, Soon. Cost £150-£200.

Sentence Comments:
    Ban standard. Fine not given (was expecting something like £1000). Community service is very high, may appeal as it will take me a year to complete as it is 1day p/week.
    Thankfully no prison sentence. LEARNT MY LESSON? HELL YEAH!
    I'm posting this for anyone that maybe in a similar predicament, I know the how nerve racking such a high reading and big mistake this is. Not to mention how aweful the waiting for sentencing can be. Also, don't always listen to what solicitors say! MITIGATION IS KEY.
    Last edited by Random User; 02-14-2010 at 07:30 AM.

D1968 is offline Member

Had been drinking alot the night before. Had two glasses of Brandy in the morning. Went shopping in the afternoon, felt stressed up and decided to go for a drink. Had one too many, drove the car home and was stopped by Police. I was put in the cell for 8 hours.

Breath reading was 85.

Mitigating Factors:
    Had no previous convictions, clean licence. Cooperated well with the Police.

Aggravating Factors:
    None.

Duty Solicitor

Sentence:
    20 month ban (reduced to 16 with the course) £250 fine.

Yes - will do the course.

Sentence Comments:
    Is was a smooth process, Duty Solicitor did her best and was really good. Being on Jobseekers, the court cost and fine is low. Was hoping for 17 month ban but only an extra three months more but will definitly do the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course to reduce lengh of ban.

It was a nerve racking experience but relieved going to court is now over. Will now get on with the rest of my life and vow never to drink drive again.

neveragain is offline New Member

had a few drinks at my sisters decided to drive home

Breath 71

Mitigating Factors:
    clean driving record, no previous drink driving / criminal convictions, co-operation with the police.

Aggravating Factors:
    none
    Yes duty solicitor
    Sentence:
    18 month ban £200 fine
    Yes will be taking asap

Sentence Comments:
    better than i expected

Ladybones is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Father in law left working mens club as usual after 3 or more pints of lager

Blood result 113mgs/100mls
    Mitigating Factors:
    Over 40 years driving- clean licence. ONLY because he had never been caught. He would take the quieter back roads home. Often arrived home unable to park the car in the garage
    Aggravating Factors:
    None that I can think of as he only argues back to others he feels 'superior to'

Used postal guilty plea. Didnt think he needed to get legal help as he was guilty. Attended for sentencing with only his son.

Sentence:
    1 year driving ban and £300 fine. Not sure how much nearly dying during the 10 weeks in ITU with 4 fractured vertebrae ( 2 in the neck and 2 in the chest) ribs and sternum influenced the decision.
    He was 69 when the accident happened and his family provide a free taxi service- why would he need to get his license back?

Sentence Comments:
    Far too lenient The injury he sustained give you an idea of what might have happened to someone else if he had collided with another car, cyclist or pedestrian instead of a tree.
    He to this day still feels hard done by. He has a total lack of guilt for what he did or could have done, For 10 weeks he was oblivious of the collateral impact the crash had on his family. Even now he has no awareness of the problem he caused because he is protected from it by his family. They dont want to cause him more upset- Fools I say.
    Last edited by Ladybones; 02-28-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast