Help!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kat13

Hi,

So on Friday I was pulled over at 11.50 and blew 53 on the handheld. I went back to the station and had a breath test about 12.35am. I then blew 48 x2. I was then processed with fingerprints, photos, tattoos and scars etc. - which took a while!

I then gave blood at 1.40am and then at 1.55am blew 16 on the handheld and was taken back to my car.

So I was in the station for less than 2 hours. This is my second offence and im pretty much screwed now.

I really wanted to know that if I do not receive a below limit letter could this be because they forgot? and can I call the station to find out if my results are back in before my bail date?

Any help would be appreciated! I cant seem to work out the maths of the above either!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

So on Friday I was pulled over at 11.50 and blew 53 on the handheld. I went back to the station and had a breath test about 12.35am. I then blew 48 x2. I was then processed with fingerprints, photos, tattoos and scars etc. - which took a while!

I then gave blood at 1.40am and then at 1.55am blew 16 on the handheld and was taken back to my car.

So I was in the station for less than 2 hours. This is my second offence and im pretty much screwed now.

I really wanted to know that if I do not receive a below limit letter could this be because they forgot? and can I call the station to find out if my results are back in before my bail date?

Any help would be appreciated! I cant seem to work out the maths of the above either!

Thanks in advance :)

If you blew 16 (less than half the legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, presuming its a case in England and Wales) on the hand-held breath testing device 15 minutes after providing a blood sample, I would be very surprised if your blood test results came back as over the legal limit.

You could call the station in order to try and find out, however, it all depends if the results are back, if the officer available to speak to and if he is willing and able to give you the results over the phone.

Let us know your blood test results when you find them out as it will help others who find themselves in a similar situation in the future.

If you blew 16 (less than half the legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, presuming its a case in England and Wales) on the hand-held breath testing device 15 minutes after providing a blood sample, I would be very surprised if your blood test results came back as over the legal limit.

You could call the station in order to try and find out, however, it all depends if the results are back, if the officer available to speak to and if he is willing and able to give you the results over the phone.

Let us know your blood test results when you find them out as it will help others who find themselves in a similar situation in the future.

Thanks for replying. Im just finding it hard to do the maths of 48 on the station machine to 16 on a handheld a little later. Could the handheld have been faulty at all?

I wish there was a way to fast track these results! i stupidly turned down my sample but wish i kept it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you female? the readings tend to drop faster for you than for males.....

Yes I am female, I hadn't eaten since 1pm that day. Had a glass of wine and 3 pints from 6.30pm - 11pm.
I cant figure out how it dropped so fast unless the handheld was faulty?

Its the waiting that's killing me! Just want to know either way!

The handheld device is only an indication, and can give a different reading to the evidential one.
For a female, who had not had a drink for over 2 hours, blowing 48, the likely outcome when you gave blood an hour and 5 minutes later is in a range of 67-77, after there has been a deduction of 6 at the laboratory. Under the limit...... But you will have to sweat it out for a while!

So, I have to answer bail on Saturday :(
am I right in thinking as I have had no letter stating I was under the limit that I am likely to be over?
have not enjoyed the wait at all. 12th December until 31st January really isn't fair!
would love to hear thoughts on this.

?

You cannot read anything in to not receiving a letter. Some officers are kind and pass on the result when it comes through. Some just let you answer your bail and tell you then. Fingers crossed, let us know on Saturday......

Bail answered. 95 was the result I obviously mis calculated my intake, now my son will not beable to get to school as its 11 miles away and I will be back on benefits.

3yr ban for me at a minimum.

feeling pretty sorry for myself right now but it's my fault so I will have to accept it and move on.

i wish my crap decision didn't have to impact my sons life so badly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off