Drink Driving Ban, Medical And Drug Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

AlanH

Hi i got banned for 2 years on 06/02/2008, ban was reduced to 18 months through the drink drivers course, because i was classed as a high risk offender through my alcohol reading i undertook a medical, which because i dont drink alot anyway and am in good shape i passed, however during the interview with the doctor i was asked about drugs, being honest i said i took ecstacy very occasionaly, the doctor said i may have to go back (which i did) for a drug screening paid for by dvla, i wasnt really worried about this because i hadnt taken anything for nearly 2 months and i told the doctor it wasnt a big issue and wasnt dependent or anything, anyway i did the urine test and stil havent heard off the dvla, i am due to be allowed to drive again a week tomorrow 05/08/09 am starting to get worried now that something is going on with my licence and for some reason i wont get it back

i have done everything by the book and been honest to avoid any problems regarding my driving licence, i dont have a drink or drug problem, have been on the course and am aware of the dangers of drink driving

can anyone shed any light on the situation, what can they do if the have an issue over me mentioning drugs

thanks

alan

Hi i got banned for 2 years on 06/02/2008, ban was reduced to 18 months through the drink drivers course, because i was classed as a high risk offender through my alcohol reading i undertook a medical, which because i dont drink alot anyway and am in good shape i passed, however during the interview with the doctor i was asked about drugs, being honest i said i took ecstacy very occasionaly, the doctor said i may have to go back (which i did) for a drug screening paid for by dvla, i wasnt really worried about this because i hadnt taken anything for nearly 2 months and i told the doctor it wasnt a big issue and wasnt dependent or anything, anyway i did the urine test and stil havent heard off the dvla, i am due to be allowed to drive again a week tomorrow 05/08/09 am starting to get worried now that something is going on with my licence and for some reason i wont get it back

i have done everything by the book and been honest to avoid any problems regarding my driving licence, i dont have a drink or drug problem, have been on the course and am aware of the dangers of drink driving

can anyone shed any light on the situation, what can they do if the have an issue over me mentioning drugs

thanks

alan
I was in a similar situation a few years ago, and on telephoning DVLA was told I was ok to drive pending decision of Medical panel. I advis you telephone!

Can I ask if you have to have a blood test taken, as I am due for my medical and have a phobia of needles and always have done

Is there another way?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off