Help, anyone been in this situation????

Convicted Driver Insurance

emz13

Hi, I was arrested for drink driving on 08.09.14, I have been granted bail and asked to return back to the station on the 07.10.14. My breath reading was 47 at 23.56 and was told I would need to give a blood sample. Will I automatically lose my licence? How long do the blood results take to come back? This is my second offence; my first was in July 2009Thanks

Unless there was a delay of about an hour and a half in you providing the blood sample after the breath test then it is likely that the blood will come back over as well. I expect you were bailed for 6 weeks to return to the police station.... sometimes the officer has the result in about 3 weeks and calls you if it is under, but that is his discretion, some make you sweat for he full 6 weeks!
there is an automatic ban for drink driving wi a minimum of 12 months, but as you have committed 2 drink drive offences in 10 years then the minimum ban is 3 years.
You can reduce this by up to 25% by asking in court to be allowed to attend a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course.

The result will depend on a number of factors, including your size and gender (I assume you are a male?), when you last had a drink, and when you ate and how regular a drinker you are. (People who drink often tend to eliminate alcohol a bit quicker than casual drinkers)

I am female, medium built around 10.5 stone, My last drink was approximately 1.30pm, I had two small meals and I only drink at weekends.

My first reading was at 23.54 and that was 49 and the second was 23.56 and that was 47.

I also had two sleeping tablets in the day as I have been struggling to sleep, could this impact my result?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

With you being a female, your chances of the result coming back under have increased.
With a reading of 47 that indicates about 4 units of alcohol in your system, whereas for a man this would be nearer 7.
With the 54 minute delay, I would anticipate that your reading in blood will be in the range of 76 to 84, but 6 is deducted by the laboratory before they send the result back to the police, so that produces 70 to 76 as the final reading, with the legal limit being 80. That is assuming that everything you have said is correct. (I am not suggesting that you are telling lies.... just that sometimes people simply forget a drink or two.....)
I do not believe that the sleeping tablets would have any effect on the result.
Sorry for presuming you are a male, you gave no indication of your gender in your post (not that you need to!) but 83% of drink drivers are male according to the statistics.

Thank you, its just a case of waiting for my results now :-/

Again thanks for taking the time to reply

PS not offended you thought I was a bloke :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off