help needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

dumb_idiot

Hi I'm 25, and i have done my CBT, have a provisional license and have passed the theory test for a motorbike, the only thing i haven't done is the full bike license.

the motorbike is taxed and MOT'D

on Wednesday i was caught drink-riding it get's worse, i dont have the right license for the bike as it was a 400cc and legally i am only permitted to ride up to a 125

and to top it off i wasn't insured either

the reading came back a fail and at the police station it came up a 86 on the breathalyzer,

i was polite and co operative with the police throughout the whole thing.

i am unemployed at the moment and my personal circumstances have taken a considerable dive for the worst

plus i have a disabled mum who depends on me on a daily basis. I live alone so there is only my money coming in which is already taken up largely by loans and bill's,

for what it's worth i'm also nearly finished doing a diploma in IT

would any of this be taken into consideration.

i have no idea what to expect and to make thing's worse no one know's what has happened.

the only other time i have been in trouble with the police was three an a half years ago and that was because i owned a off road motorbike which earned me a fine and six points.

any help and advice would be appreciated

Money wise I wouldn't worry too much - it's more than likely you'll get a low to medium community order rather than a fine because of a) the high reading an b) the aggravating factors.

Even if they suggest a fine you could probably turn round and ask for a community sentence instead (I'd suggest using the duty solicitor).

thanks for the reply,

has anyone got any rough idea how long i might be banned for and any points i'm likely to receive ??

if i managed to do the full bike test before the court case would that mean after the ban has ended i could start riding again or would i have to start from the beginning ??

thanks for the reply,

has anyone got any rough idea how long i might be banned for and any points i'm likely to receive ??

if i managed to do the full bike test before the court case would that mean after the ban has ended i could start riding again or would i have to start from the beginning ??

For a breath reading of 86 guidelines suggest a period of disqualification of between 17 and 22 months. When you are disqualified your driving licence is taken off you and returned to you at the end of your disqualification exactly the same as before with the added drink driving endorsement. You will not have to re-take any driving/riding test unless the magistrates state that you must do so.

I've just got back from court, and i think i got off VERY lightly.

i have been banned from driving (in my case riding) for 20 months reduced to 15 on completion of the driving course and fined in total £250.

i found the duty solicitor to be of no help at all as all he done was read my charges to me and that was it, no advice was given.

i have to say thou that in my opinion waiting to go into court was the worse part off the whole sorry affair, i also think in honesty i got less then i deserved and for that i am thankful.

a clear message to anyone who thinks about stepping into a car/motorbike after drinking this dumb idiot says don't do it it is not worth the repercussions

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off