In Court Tomorrow......

Convicted Driver Insurance

Tony69

Hi All,

I'm in court tomorrow morning. I haven't got a Solicitor due to just not having the money. Can I use the Duty Solicitor????

When I spoke to a Solicitor to find out about how much they charge and get some info about what will happen, I was told by one Solicitor that I could not use a Duty Solicitor on the day. But another one said I could but they're useless!!

I'm hoping to get to the Court when they open early and HOPEFULLY get to talk to a Duty Solicitor and have an hour with Him/Her to try and get a decent plea together.

I know i'll be facing a ban between 12-16 months a fine and hopefully a chance to go on a course. I'm not after a superstar Solicitor, Just someone who can put my plea forward better than I ever could.

Cheers.

Hi All,

I'm in court tomorrow morning. I haven't got a Solicitor due to just not having the money. Can I use the Duty Solicitor????

When I spoke to a Solicitor to find out about how much they charge and get some info about what will happen, I was told by one Solicitor that I could not use a Duty Solicitor on the day. But another one said I could but they're useless!!

I'm hoping to get to the Court when they open early and HOPEFULLY get to talk to a Duty Solicitor and have an hour with Him/Her to try and get a decent plea together.

I know i'll be facing a ban between 12-16 months a fine and hopefully a chance to go on a course. I'm not after a superstar Solicitor, Just someone who can put my plea forward better than I ever could.

Cheers.

Hi there,

You should tell the courts as soon as you arrive that you would like to see the duty solicitor. However they tend to be quite busy and the time they can allocate to you and your case will depend on their workload on the day. Expecting to spend an hour with the duty solicitor is very optimistic.

Last edited:
Hi,

Bit of a result from court on Friday. 12 month ban reduced by 3 months if I do the course, And a £237 fine. Not to bad really, Kind of what I was expecting. I had to represent myself as well due to the Duty not being free and available.

Its defo something I wont be ever doing again. Lesson learnt.

Hi

I was without surficient funds also to afford a " REAL" solicitor. I fully expected to have to speak for myself. The duty solicitor was excellent. very competant, thoughrer, and convincing. I dont know how a £200 ph one would of bettered his performance. I was very lucky though, he had time on his hands that morning, there were only 2 people that i could see requireing his help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off