Should I delay my medical test??

Convicted Driver Insurance

Onkar

Some advise would be most appreciated. Please help.

I have been banned from driving twice due to drink driving. The first time was 7 years ago, and i failed the medical i had to attend after being banned for 1 year.

Being an idiot i started driving anyway and got caught again for drink driving. i was banned for 3 years this time and have been eligible to reapply for my license since May this year.

I now have my medical coming up on the 22nd July.
To help me pass i gave up drinking approx 2.5 months ago, but unfortunately I drank yesterday (only 10 days before my test is due). I drank very heavily.

Should i delay my test or should i still go ahead and attend??
I am concious that a further 6 months to reapply if i fail is really going to cause me issues in my personal life.

I gave up drinking for 2 months before my medical and they only issued me a license for 3 years as my gamma was still high but I passed on all the other 3 ie ast, alt and mcv.

If you delay your medical now your gona have to come up with a good excuse. Why don't you go to your gp and ask him for a blood test, gamma, alt ast and mcv and you will have the results in a couple of days. Say your concerned as you have a medical coming up with DVLA and need to know the results. I did that therefore I knew my results weren't gona be that bad.

Good luck.

hi you dont need a good excuse to not go though with your medical as i stopped mine an then had it 11 weeks later , go see ya doc an ask him to run the same test the dvla will do and go from there , i all so didnt pass one last year an then my gamma gt levels were still high and they let me on the road , its not about being 100% fit it is to show your not drinking an as u say u didnt pass a test last time they will just put the old results with the new an if they can see a drop they will give it to you , its as easy as that , but know the head f$%k it can give u as i went though it for 2 years !

cheers ouchie

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off