Arrested for drink driving, awaiting blood results

Convicted Driver Insurance

feather15

Hi - I was arrested last week and had a blood test a few hours later and am awaiting the results. I had drank a bottle of wine and will be over the limit but i dont yet know how much. I was compliant when arrested. I have been getting support for some time with my drinking but had never been stupid enough to drive before. I dont know what sentence to expect but I can prove I have been getting support. It's my first offence and I will obviously plead guilty but Im terrified of what will happen in court. Will I have to be questioned? Do the officers who arrested me come to court, do they give evidence? - how does it all work. Is it worth me getting a solicitor - I just dont know what to do. Any help advice would be appreciated.]

Re: what will happen? terrified, please help

Feather15,
You are getting ahead of yourself!
What was your reading on the breath test machine?
How much after that did you supply a blood sample?
Were you involved in an accident? It is possible to be over on the breath test, but under on the blood sample, if there is a delay in the blood sample.

Re: what will happen? terrified, please help

Feather15,
You are getting ahead of yourself!
What was your reading on the breath test machine?
How much after that did you supply a blood sample?
Were you involved in an accident? It is possible to be over on the breath test, but under on the blood sample, if there is a delay in the blood sample.
Hi - they didn't tell me my reading at the roadside - I have phoned the station since and they don't have it recorded - I was arrested at 1 am and my blood was taken at 3 am - i last had a drink about 11pm - I wasn't in an accident and was pulled over by an off duty officer who then called more officers in to take the roadside test. I have looked up the calculator on this site and am sure I will be over due to what I had drank. I know I haven't been charged yet but am convinced I will be - I'm terrified of what will happen - I've read that the press publish your details and am worried I will loose my job if someone reads it - I don't mind any punishment I get but if I loose my job too this will ruin my life

If you did genuinely have one bottle of wine, it could come down to what the strength of the wine was. A12% abv bottle contains about 9 units of alcohol, whereas a 14% bottle contains 10.5.
the reason I asked about an accident is because where there has been an accident the Police often do a 'back calculation' to see what your reading WOULD have been at the time of the accident. That would almost certainly be a problem for you.
you will just have to sit it out until the result come through. If the Police gave you a part of the blood sample you could get it analyzed yourself to get a quicker answer, but that will cost in the region of £100 to £120 to get done.

You may get away with it! My best option for you is get a solicitor! Sounds dodgy to me if you have not been charged or been given a date to attend police station?
You will only get a year ban which will reduce if you took a course! It will only be a matter of minutes at court! Stop worrying for now until you have results, my guess is you will hardly be over by that much! Speak to 2 solicitor

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off