Help needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ema1

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice. i got stopped and charged with drink driving last week.. the morning after. I had 49micrograms per 100ml, I am confused as some web sites say its a 12 month ban and others sugest that I might receive a large fine 10 pionts and will have to take my test again (after I only passed 8 months ago at the age of 29!)
I'm worried also about not having a solicitor (as there is no way i can afford one!) and the likelyhood that I will have to stand up to put my own case forward which I am dreading! i have never been in trouble by the police before and am quite scared to say the least. can anyone help? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

hi the way i understand it is if your charged with drink driving , when u go to court u will get a 12 month ban , u might be able to get a few months taking off it by doin a course they offer , but it would only take 2 to 3 months of it , but u might not even get that offered to u and you will have to pay to go on the course ,

the 10 points u talk about will not happen as u are a new driver and for the 1st 2 years your only givin a max of 6 points , the court might be leanient on u as it was the morning after and not give u a big fine but court costs u will get , around £50 , u will be asked to retake your test , then its up to the court if they wont u to take an extended test , witch is a 70 min test instead of the normal 40 min test

last u say about the cost of a solicitor , u can have a duty one that the court will have there for any one that does not all ready have one , it dont really matter who u would have to fight your case as with drink driving there are set rules the court will and have to go on so no solictor could ever get u out of it only just to put your side better than some others ,

i my self have only just got back on the road after being band for 10 years , there is no advice any one can give u as with drink driving its all set in stone and the case will be very quick , if u got more questions just email and i can just tell u from my experiances

hope this helps !

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice. i got stopped and charged with drink driving last week.. the morning after. I had 49micrograms per 100ml, I am confused as some web sites say its a 12 month ban and others sugest that I might receive a large fine 10 pionts and will have to take my test again (after I only passed 8 months ago at the age of 29!)
I'm worried also about not having a solicitor (as there is no way i can afford one!) and the likelyhood that I will have to stand up to put my own case forward which I am dreading! i have never been in trouble by the police before and am quite scared to say the least. can anyone help? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

A minimum 12 month driving disqualification is mandatory when a person is convicted of drink driving. Only under very special and rare circumstances where a person was found to be driving for a 'special reason' will a court consider endorsements on a driving licence instead of a period of disqualification.

You will more than likely be offered the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which will reduce any period of disqualification by 25%.

You may qualify for legal aid which could cover some or all of the cost of hiring a solicitor.

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

Do you know if I will have to stand up and say anything apart from my name Etc?...

:confused:

Unfortunately a ban is mandatory in circumstances where someone pleads guilty to driving with excess alcohol. This is unless special reasons can be found for non disqualification. However, special reasons would relate to the offence and not to you.

The ban that you could expect to receive, if you were to plead guilty, would be 12 - 16 months. You should request a referral to the drink drive referral course which would enable a reduction of 25 % of the ban to be made by the Court.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off