Blew a 43 last night, awaiting bloods

Convicted Driver Insurance

wilts74

Hi All, I feel very foolish and am very worried, I had 3 premium beers over 3 hours or so last night, silly to have more than 2 I know. I was pulled up at 00:30 last night, where I had to wait 10 minutes due to having a fag, and at 00:40 I blew 40 on the policeman's breathaliser, (annoying as if it was 39 or lower I would have been left to leave). They decided to arrest me and I was taken to the nearest station with a intoximeter machine which took about 35-40 mins to get to.

At 01:43 I blew 44 into the machine and the second reading at 01:45 said I blew 43. I was then offered the option of bloods, which, although I was so nervous at this point I did (and I guess this was the right move as the duty solicitor said it was later).

I was then put in a cell to wait for a health care professional to take blood, and was given a cup of tea. had all the usual mug shots and finger prints taken, then 80 mins later the nurse had arrived and I was taken to them to give my sample. My sample was taken at 03:08 and I was offered (and took) a sample for myself.

10 mins later I was taken back to the cell as they sorted out my bail, and I was taken to give another intoximeter reading at 03:19, so 11 mins after my blood sample the machine said I blew 27.5.

I have 2 questions, this would be my second offence within 10 years if bloods are positive, so would it be a 3 year ban minimum, and also, any advice please on the likelihood of me passing the blood test, as I would imagine if I blew 27 just 10 mins after my sample was taken, and the readings were going down on my initial breath samples, would the odds be in my favour that the blood test will come back under 80mg, I make 27.5 just over 60mg, is this right??? I Would value any advice and your experiences on this, so would my sample be around 68-70 or around 30 on the breathaliser?

I have 2 questions, this would be my second offence within 10 years if bloods are positive, so would it be a 3 year ban minimum, and also, any advice please on the likelihood of me passing the blood test, as I would imagine if I blew 27 just 10 mins after my sample was taken, and the readings were going down on my initial breath samples, would the odds be in my favour that the blood test will come back under 80mg, I make 27.5 just over 60mg, is this right??? I Would value any advice and your experiences on this, so would my sample be around 68-70 or around 30 on the breathaliser?

Yes, it would be a minimum 3 year ban. The good news in my opinion is that it his highly likely that your blood test will come back well under the legal limit. I do not know the cost of having your own sample analysed but if it is within your budget it might well be worth you getting it done. Different labs might come back with a slightly different result and if it was borderline and yours came back under and the police lab came back over, you may well have a defence.

I still think yours will be well under though.

Hi Bristol.red

Yes, I thought it would be a 3 year ban, however the fact I blew just over 27 just 10 mins after I gave my blood sample has given me some hope of being under, but unlike the breath test of 35-39 being blown on the machine will generally not lead to being charged, I have heard that the bloods have to be under 80. Is it true however that the independent labs whom test the bloods for you and the police build in a 6% margin of error on the blood result (I read somewhere this was the case)?

It certainly has been a shock to me and a lesson well learnt, I have also heard that this so called loophole where there is a longish delay from blowing into the machine and your bloods being taken (80 mins in my case) is being looked at and will be closed, is this also true?

I definitely urge anyone below 50 to take the option of the blood test, and to take advantage of speaking to a duty solicitor. Fingers crossed and I guess a fair few sleepless nights before bail in six weeks being cancelled or not. I am encouraged you think it is likely my bloods will come below, but you never know!. I cannot afford at the moment to test my sample, but I have put in the fridge, and if I have a very borderline result I will definitely take your advice and have my sample tested

Yours faithfully, one very foolish and worried guy

Hi Bristol.red

Yes, I thought it would be a 3 year ban, however the fact I blew just over 27 just 10 mins after I gave my blood sample has given me some hope of being under, but unlike the breath test of 35-39 being blown on the machine will generally not lead to being charged, I have heard that the bloods have to be under 80. Is it true however that the independent labs whom test the bloods for you and the police build in a 6% margin of error on the blood result (I read somewhere this was the case)?

It certainly has been a shock to me and a lesson well learnt, I have also heard that this so called loophole where there is a longish delay from blowing into the machine and your bloods being taken (80 mins in my case) is being looked at and will be closed, is this also true?

I definitely urge anyone below 50 to take the option of the blood test, and to take advantage of speaking to a duty solicitor. Fingers crossed and I guess a fair few sleepless nights before bail in six weeks being cancelled or not. I am encouraged you think it is likely my bloods will come below, but you never know!. I cannot afford at the moment to test my sample, but I have put in the fridge, and if I have a very borderline result I will definitely take your advice and have my sample tested

Yours faithfully, one very foolish and worried guy

Hi mate, did you come under the legal limit?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off