Not sure what is going to happen, advise please

Convicted Driver Insurance

big regret

On friday i had a few drinks earliy in the night and a hour or to later, i stupidly got in my car as i felt fine and clear headed, so i went for a drive and went to a county lane that i was not used to.

I came around the corner and hit a puddle forcing my car towards a kurb which i hit and flipped the car a few times, i got out the car ok an then walked until i found a motorway, which i flagged a car down, who got help by calling the police, the police arrived and i did a road side breath test which was 56, an once i got to the station it was 54.

I was arrested even tho the police did'nt see the car/me driving it, will that change anything?

How can i get the ban reduced, the police said it will be a standard 12 month ban?

Hi, Big Regret. Unfortunality magistrates rarely listen as they are guided by the Clerk of the court for sentencing. My reading was 71. I received a 20 month ban (despiite first offence), the fine was £548. They will over you after sentencing, the chance to do the driving rehab course. Once this is completed it will knock off 5 months of my ban.

They do take into account what your statement of means is and fine accordingly. The course is an extra £150 but doing it will cut time off your ban.

I thought I would get a 1 year ban, not 20 months.

Post back if you need to.

you should get a 12 month ban which will be reduced to 9 if you attend a course. you'll be told to wait for a couple of weeks for the people who run the course to get into contact with you, but you may need to chase them up and book one yourself. you also have to attend the course six months before the end of your ban.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off